By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Sold Out In Many Stores in Tokyo

Panama said:
Guitarguy said:

Target was completely sold out of them. They have it for$69AUS whilst JB and EB have it for $99. I got EB to price match Target's price :P

JB has it for 79, but yeah I'm really glad Big W and Target having been selling games for cheap these past few years. I do prefer JB though since usually new release titles are sealed. I'm not much of an early bird so all I get is a choice of fondled scratched covers at Target and EB.

Ahhh they got a fresh sealed copy for me at EB. I refuse when they give me an unsealed copy that is basically a shelf-demo with all scratches and discount stickers on it :P

Around the Network

I picked up the last copy from my local game store in Ireland

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Bloondborne IS great but come on. It's not Contra Hard Corps. Even the hardest games these days can't compare to 1 hit kills, 3 lives and 5 continues.

which is good.  Games were only that hard because of limited cartridges and the need to make them feel longer than they actually were.  A game like Rayman Origins is a great way to handle difficulty.  1 hit kills so it's as challenging as can be but checkpoints so when you beat a challenge you don't have to again and again and again (which makes no sense since 1 hit would've killed you anyway so you already did as perfectly as you could).

I disagree. Harder games=more payoff. I recently beat Vectorman on a real Genesis without cheating and the feeling of accomplishment was something I hadn't felt since I was IN the early 90's. Games, even the ones like Bloodbourne which are considered "hard", don't even begin to compare to something like Contra Hard Corps. That game is for men. It's for people with not only razor sharp reflexes and attention spans but also iron wills. It doesn't fuck around... and to me? That's awesome. 

Going back to these games (I'm playing Contra Hard Corps right now) has really cemented it imo. Maybe it's because the NES and Genesis era was the one I was brought up in, I don't know, but to me? Those games were made more fun by being brutally challenging. 

Seeing the credits use to be a fucking badge of honor. A sign that you were REALLY good and REALLY dedicated. Now? It's just about putting in 7-20 hours of gameplay. It's meh... it's nothing.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

which is good.  Games were only that hard because of limited cartridges and the need to make them feel longer than they actually were.  A game like Rayman Origins is a great way to handle difficulty.  1 hit kills so it's as challenging as can be but checkpoints so when you beat a challenge you don't have to again and again and again (which makes no sense since 1 hit would've killed you anyway so you already did as perfectly as you could).

I disagree. Harder games=more payoff. I recently beat Vectorman on a real Genesis without cheating and the feeling of accomplishment was something I hadn't felt since I was IN the early 90's. Games, even the ones like Bloodbourne which are considered "hard", don't even begin to compare to something like Contra Hard Corps. That game is for men. It's for people with not only razor sharp reflexes and attention spans but also iron wills. It doesn't fuck around... and to me? That's awesome. 

Going back to these games (I'm playing Contra Hard Corps right now) has really cemented it imo. Maybe it's because the NES and Genesis era was the one I was brought up in, I don't know, but to me? Those games were made more fun by being brutally challenging. 

Seeing the credits use to be a fucking badge of honor. A sign that you were REALLY good and REALLY dedicated. Now? It's just about putting in 7-20 hours of gameplay. It's meh... it's nothing.

That's what difficulty levels are for.  Then you can get the trophy for it or some other reward.  I normally play on hard especially if there's a trophy for it because of the payoff you speak of.

I am Iron Man