By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 down.. 1 to go..

Will Halo 5 be delayed to 2016?

Yes 190 44.08%

No 198 45.94%

See Results 43 9.98%

Total:431
ArchangelMadzz said:

But 343 Didn't develop those Halo's. It's a new gen, big shoes to fill, everyones in anticipation that's why there are so many delays at the beginning of this gen.

For all the hate American devs get they have mastered the art of pumping out games as if they were Toyotas. Just look at Forza. Unlike Japanese studios they can push out a resonably good AAA game within a 2-3 year dev cycle. Its been 3 years since Halo 4 and I think 343 has the manpower and skill to deliver.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

But 343 Didn't develop those Halo's. It's a new gen, big shoes to fill, everyones in anticipation that's why there are so many delays at the beginning of this gen.

For all the hate American devs get they have mastered the art of pumping out games as if they were Toyotas. Just look at Forza. Unlike Japanese studios they can push out a resonably good AAA game within a 2-3 year dev cycle. Its been 3 years since Halo 4 and I think 343 has the manpower and skill to deliver.

Do you not remember Forza 5? Extreme lack of cars and tracks. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

Do you not remember Forza 5? Extreme lack of cars and tracks. 

I wouldnt call it "extreme" but Turn 10 was just laying down the basics. Between Forza 5 and Horizon most technical aspects of the engine are nailed down and they can focus on new and refined content.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Yes i was speculating all the time, right now MS has no reasons to admit it dueto lack of games, sony went out and admited uncharted 4 delay to increase the mementum and sales of bloodborne

SubiyaCryolite said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah but they need lots of moneys, japanese dont

Around the Network
grannamir said:
If MS want to have any chance, they have to release Halo in 2015, or this christimas sales will be sad for then.

Yup, just like last year's holiday sales...

On topic though: Halo 5 will not be delayed and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a September release. In fact, I'm almost expecting it to release mid-September.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

grannamir said:
If MS want to have any chance, they have to release Halo in 2015, or this christimas sales will be sad for then.

I think they would sell pretty good even without it honestly.

People on these sites put WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

too much emphasis on exclusives.

Face it, Nintendo has by a MASSIVE margin the best exclusive lineup out there, and it's not even close.

But where are their sales? In the toilet. The age of exclusives is dead. It's all about the 95% of games sold yearly, which are multiplats. And those will lift both PS4 and X1 to great heights yet again.

As to who wins holiday 2015 in the US, it comes down to deals/bundles/pricing/stock. I could see it leaning one way or the other by 10-20%, but definitely no more than that.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:
Yes i was speculating all the time, right now MS has no reasons to admit it dueto lack of games, sony went out and admited uncharted 4 delay to increase the mementum and sales of bloodborne

eh? I don't think Uncharted 4 getting delayed will have had any affect on Bloodbornes sales at all. It's not exactly a similar game that people could get as a replacement now is it.

Yes it gave all spotlight for sony to redeem themselfs and they did when the game got good reviews.

MS would be a spoilsport if they didn't.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

After today, I hope Xbros get their game in time. So fucking terrible to be in this position.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile