By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buying a PS3

I want to buy a PS3 since i am coming into unexpected money and i was wondering what you guys thought about if i should wait...

I know the bundle that is coming out will have the dualshock and there were rumors of a new sku and/or a price drop around GTA

What have any of you heard? should i wait it out a bit to see what they do? 

Around the Network

I would wait till after GTA comes out....Then see what you can do..

do you live in US? I'd say wait for the 80GB MGS4 bundle,

if you buy it now, you won't get MGS4 or DS3.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Before we tell you whether or not to get a PS3 answer this first: are there any games you want to play now?

kingofwale said:
are you live in US? I'd say wait for the 80GB MGS4 bundle,

Kingofwale's advice is very sound, that is unless there is something you want to play NOW. At least hold off on getting a second controller until the release of the DS3.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
kingofwale said:

Kingofwale's advice is very sound, that is unless there is something you want to play NOW. At least hold off on getting a second controller until the release of the DS3.

Bear in mind that many games do not have rumble, although most of the recent releases do (BP, DMC 4, UDF, R & C)

As far as I know, there is no list of rumble capable games

not saying u wouldnt enjoy buying it now,
but as far as money and options go, wait for mgs4bundle.
plus more store content, firmware fixes and who could forget playstation home.

Munkeh111 said:
Dogs Rule said:
kingofwale said:

Bear in mind that many games do not have rumble, although most of the recent releases do (BP, DMC 4, UDF, R & C)

As far as I know, there is no list of rumble capable games

I'm pretty sure most 1st and 2nd party games will be patched. Warhark, Heavenly Sword hopefully. Anything 3rd party, forget about it. Resistance already has a rumble ready patch.

wait for the mgs4 bundle.

or get an 80gb model now and waste money on a 54$ dual shock controller and 79 bucks on mgs4.

im even thinking of trading in my 40gb ps3 and buying the mgs4 bundle.

I have a DS3 and all first party games have already been patched for rumble, COD4 has rumble, downloadable games have rumble, DMC4, Burnout paradise, UT3 all have rumble. these are just the game i personally know of.