By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 4 Price Cut In Canada

Boutros said:
I'm pretty certain the video game industry is doing terrible lately in Canada. The prices are ridiculous.

Its much smaller than the US market (no surprise there). In fact, the first EVER console to sell over 1 million was the Wii back in 2008. Considering the beast it was till then, well it was meh. But no Canada's video game industry is doing very well, especially in Quebec and Vancouver. Also you have to understand the XB1 is 399 in Canada. So yeah competing is important.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
oh jeez. $70 for games in Canada? I'd be furious if I lived in Canada. Isn't that the launch ps4 price for canada?

Yes, its the launch price. They actually INCREASED the price back in March 2014. Then games followed pretty fast. Yes geez I miss the 60$ games.

bunchanumbers said:
oh jeez. $70 for games in Canada? I'd be furious if I lived in Canada. Isn't that the launch ps4 price for canada?

That is $56 in USD so they get them a bit cheaper than do in US.

Similarly, that is a $320 USD PS4 which is one of the best deals I've ever seen on the system.

Americans near the border should take advantage of this. Cross over, get a PS4 for $319, games for $56 and drive back.

Thanks jlmurph!

bunchanumbers said:

Yea I'm quite furious but I guess it's still better than how it was in the 90s (video games use to be around $100 a pop).  $399 was the canadian launch price but due to our dollar the price jumped to $449, but now its going back down oddly since doing the conversion of PS4 being $399US should come to like $500 canadian.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
bunchanumbers said:

Yea I'm quite furious but I guess it's still better than how it was in the 90s (video games use to be around $100 a pop).  $399 was the canadian launch price but due to our dollar the price jumped to $449, but now its going back down oddly since doing the conversion of PS4 being $399US should come to like $500 canadian.

Good luck! If the XB1 is 400$ and the PS4 is 500$ (Microsoft would hold their group for as long as possible), Canadian's will jump to the best deal. Now with the price cut it'll help them a lot!

Augen said:
bunchanumbers said:

Similarly, that is a $320 USD PS4 which is one of the best deals I've ever seen on the system.

When our Target stores were closing down I was able to pick up a PS4 at $337 (25% off) which comes to $269USD.

Still the best deal were the people that screwed over walmart with that fake amazon add for $99 PS4s lol

Augen said:
bunchanumbers said:

Please...

It's a good deal for people in the US but still terrible for people in Canada.

Extra taxes is the reason for the inflated prices, I take it?

GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Desperation mode on!

They have to do something to compete with MS!

Does this mean they are corned?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch