By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - March 16-22 2015 (Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki)

KyleeStrutt said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

Where are you getting the PSP numbers?  According to Vgchartz, the PSP version sold 486,289 units on its first week.

Every sales number for Japan that I post is from Famitsu unless stated otherwise.

Oh, So vgchartz hasn't updated the numbers.  My mistake.

Around the Network

Ps4 is on fire in japan, i expect even more next week. 50k at least

It'll be interesting to see PS4's sales after Bloodborne, its lineup is pretty barren from then up until The Phantom Pain.

finalrpgfantasy said:

I think you're not really understanding here.

Media Create do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

Famitsu do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

VGC do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

When comparing numbers, just pick one source and stick to it.  Famitsu, for example, might have Type-0 higher than VGC, but they also might have Type-0 HD higher too etc.

I doubt VGC does actually tracking in Japan.

They probably pick Famitsu, MC or Dengeki numbers and change them up a bit, for what its worth they don't copy paste them.

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:
KyleeStrutt said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

Where are you getting the PSP numbers?  According to Vgchartz, the PSP version sold 486,289 units on its first week.

Every sales number for Japan that I post is from Famitsu unless stated otherwise.

No. It just means different trackers have different numbers. By looking at this very thread, it should be obvious that not all of them agree.

KyleeStrutt said:
I doubt VGC does actually tracking in Japan.

They probably pick Famitsu, MC or Dengeki numbers and change them up a bit, for what its worth they don't copy paste them.

Back in the day when ioi only worked on VGC, there was a Japan Preview put out every Sunday (US time, Monday in JP) that had estimations with the intial data they received from a small chain of stores. It was similar to COMG data translated to actual numbers. They stopped doing it because the guy who did left the site.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hiska-kun said:

Slash prices already started for Type-0.

38% off on Amazon.jp already. This is just the beginning, they have to fix that over-shipment.

lol. I agreed it'd take a big drop, but it has at most 40% of it's FW shipment to get through. There are far worse offenders this week alone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Somewhat suprising boost for PS4 there. But I suppose with BFH and Type 0 both selling decent numbers perhaps not so surprising after all. But still nearly 50K hardware sales on the back of a PSP remaster and a western shooter, that is surely a sign that PS4 has a strong presence in this market after a fairly quiet 2014.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Prediction: MC/Famitsu will publish their final March weekly numbers before VGC publishes its first March numbers for Japan.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Kresnik said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

I think you're not really understanding here.

Media Create do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

Famitsu do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

VGC do their own tracking and have their own LT sales for Type-0.

When comparing numbers, just pick one source and stick to it.  Famitsu, for example, might have Type-0 higher than VGC, but they also might have Type-0 HD higher too etc.

Thanks for the clarification.