By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Time to Get a PS4 is Now

rolltide101x said:
EpicLight said:
Bloodborne by itself doesn't look all that appealing for purchasing a PS4.

Says a non-Souls fan. To a Souls fan it is more than worth it. 

What would you say to a Souls fan if they didn't think Bloodborne was worth it?

Around the Network
EpicLight said:
rolltide101x said:

Says a non-Souls fan. To a Souls fan it is more than worth it. 

What would you say to a Souls fan if they didn't think Bloodborne was worth it?

There is really no way to love Souls and to not love Bloodborne. They are not the same but are still very similar. Bloodborne is a more high action version of Souls. I could see someone possibly liking Dark Souls more than Bloodborne if they are not a fan of gothic settings though.

It is not reviewing insanely well for no reason, it is reviewing better than any game in the genre. Though in my personal opinion is that Demon's Souls is the best in the series

I feel weird this is the one PS4 exclusive in awhile I won't be getting (assuming Driveclub gets a PS+ edition eventually). I got PS4 for entirely different games which I've been enjoying immensely and now everyone acts like those don't exist because Bloodborne has a great metacritic. To me it's just another example of the diverse and great amount of games Playstation offers. something is bound to stick for almost everyone which is why it's such a global brand.

To be clear Bloodborne is great for its genre I just don't play that genre (other than platinuming Demon's Souls when I got it on PS+). It deserves all the praise it's getting I just don't want all these other fun exclusives that have been there since launch to be forgotten or for people to act like it's all PS4 has.

I am Iron Man

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Way more than the Souls games? I know there were more enemies but the controls are definitely different, too. The game plays much more "fluid" and you don't have the feeling of controlling a clumsy tank while fighting enemies.

It is not that "fluid" if I can say... your stamina is too low and limit your moviments... the weapons/moves are slow too because they are heavy... the dodge is cool and saves your life but like I said you can't use it every time due the stamina.

The enemies come to you all at the same time from diferent sides and they do hit you even if you are hiting them... so you need to be really concentrate because one mistake and they will get your head.

The first area have a place with over 20 enemies together... that is way more than Souls games.

You can parry attacks or stun enemies with guns too but it is way difficult to me yet... I just can do that with slow moves from big enemies and it is not safe too because if you make it wrong well...

Edit - Just to understand better I already died more at the begining of Bloodborne (begining like way before the first boss) than I died in the whole campaign of Demon's Souls (the first Souls that I played)... it is a bit overexagerated but it is really close.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I was a heavy shield user, so I'm finding this one quite a bit more difficult than either of the Dark Souls games. Maybe just as difficult as my first run through Demon's Souls.  And I fucking love it. I'm also getting that "I don't wanna go in there" feeling I got from the original Demon's Souls.

ReimTime said:
I've never gotten into a souls game. Will it be any different if I get the game, say, 6 months from now? Will I be missing out on anything?

It will be different because there will probably be a GOTY edition out around that time with the DLC.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

I wasn't super into Dark Souls so I'm not yet convinced that it's worth getting a PS4. Still holding out for that exclusive that woos me into picking one up. Probably another JRPG (are there any others on the way for PS4 at the moment?), just From's style of JRPG doesn't really suit me.

vivster said:
But haven't you heard? This gen is the absolute worst gen of all time. People should just wait for the next and not buy any console.

I thought that was a joke because there were "too many games to play"

rolltide101x said:
ethomaz said:

eva01beserk said:

This seems like the type of game people wont care for spoilers. ive never heard anyone say "the story of dark souls was great".

But "the story of Demon's Souls was amazing and the characters the best ever in a Soul game" you hear a lot

Demon's Souls was the best at everything besides graphics, I have not beaten Bloodborne yet but I do not see it passing Demon's, it has already pretty well destroyed both Dark Souls games to me and all of my Souls friends

Ive only played a little of demons souls so I would not know, I dint get a ps3 till last year so I missed a lot, but the little I played of demons souls was great. So you guys are saying start with demons souls?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Ive only played a little of demons souls so I would not know, I dint get a ps3 till last year so I missed a lot, but the little I played of demons souls was great. So you guys are saying start with demons souls?

They are not related so you can start on Bloodborne if you wish.

walsufnir said:
Is it as hard as a souls game? The gamescom demo was way easier than dark souls, for example. I easily survived until the boss in that demo.

The first area is really only a demo area with pretty weak enemies. Once you start the game proper and spread beyond that opening area, things start to get much harder.

The PS5 Exists.