By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Firmware 2.50 Coming March 26th (TOMORROW)

Tachikoma said:

Important stuff:

System back and restore
Lets you backup all data including save data, screenshots, video clips, patches and download data, as well as your sign in accounts to USB storage - great for anyone wanting to upgrade their HDD without redownloading everything.

Also, this update will most likely hit tonight (25th) in the US and early morning for EU

I also enjoy the fact that standby mode won't close my games. Despite that, I would like a mode more like the hibernate option on PCs, so I could completely shut down the console and then start it up right were I was.

The back up is awesome, I always did regular backups on PS3 and I wouldn't upgrade my PS4 HDD if I had to redownload all massive games and patches (usually way bigger than PS3). Now I can get that shiny new HDD.

Around the Network

It's live folks

The PS5 Exists. 

Live everywhere?

Or just Japan?

Munkeh111 said:
Live everywhere?

Or just Japan?

Everywhere they dont do region specific firmware releases

Xenostar said:
Munkeh111 said:
Live everywhere?

Or just Japan?

Everywhere they dont do region specific firmware releases

Excellent, time to update

Around the Network

The only slight annoyance (and it is slight) is that you have to delete trophies one at a time.

The PS5 Exists. 

torok said:
Tachikoma said:

Important stuff:

System back and restore
Lets you backup all data including save data, screenshots, video clips, patches and download data, as well as your sign in accounts to USB storage - great for anyone wanting to upgrade their HDD without redownloading everything.

Also, this update will most likely hit tonight (25th) in the US and early morning for EU

I also enjoy the fact that standby mode won't close my games. Despite that, I would like a mode more like the hibernate option on PCs, so I could completely shut down the console and then start it up right were I was.

The back up is awesome, I always did regular backups on PS3 and I wouldn't upgrade my PS4 HDD if I had to redownload all massive games and patches (usually way bigger than PS3). Now I can get that shiny new HDD.

Actually PCs run on a little percentage of battery while on hibernation. PS4 still needs the power source. I do understand the convenience you mentioned.

Just updated, couldn't see anything different. :P But did delete loads of 0%s from my trophy list. Good times.

... what else did it do again? Okay, so I never put my console in 'sleep', what's the point? I'm either on it or I'm not and waiting all of 5 seconds for it to boot up is time I can wait.

EDIT: This was my 5000th post, Hurrah me! :(

Hmm, pie.

Lol just downloaded it, I can play games with inverted colors =P