By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne PC Version(Rumor/Fake/?), PC petition and BLOODBORNE PRESSKIT IMAGES!!!

Just because this game was made by the same director and game developers as Dark Souls doesn't mean that this game should be multiplatform. Bloodborne is published by SCE, and has been stated by Miyazaki that it is not a sequel, so is therefore a new IP.

Since Bloodborne is not a sequel, then PC gamers are not missing out on the story of Dark Souls, but rather a new story that can only be played on the PS4. Whining and complaining that you need to pay extra money for an exclusive has existed since the beginning of gaming. The comments that I have read on the petition are either that their PC is more powerful and can run the game better than the PS4 or that they played Dark Souls 1 & 2 and are now complaining that they took the series away from them. This game is not called Tomb Raider PC gamers.

This is a new IP just like Sunset Overdrive was for the XB1. Sunset Overdrive was created by Insomiac Games, the same developer that created the Ratchet and Clank series. PC gamers complaining that Bloodborne is not coming to PC is like Playstation gamers complaining that Sunset Overdrive is not coming to the PS4.
"I have played all of the Ratchet and Clank series on the playstation platforms. Now you take that series away from us and release Sunset Overdrive exclusive to XB1?"
That is what that petition basically sounds like to me (what is said in quotes).

Around the Network

Amazon france? Lol, according to them Xbox One is coming to PC. Same with Killzone Shadowfall on PC and Agni's Philosophy which is a tech demo is also coming to PS4. 

Also Crash Bandicoot is coming to PS4, Forza Horizon 2 on PC, Sunset Overdrive on PC, 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Not for a while, at least. Sony has put too much money in to it for it to go to another platform anytime soon.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Chazore said:

All I have to do is select the game I want and click play, the game updates are also automatic and I can even choose to have other games update when I play my games, something the current gens can't really do.

-PS4 can do this. It can even do game updates, and firmware updates when you're asleep at night.

The plug and play part of consoles is pretty much close to dead, it's quicker for me to download my games than trying to hunt down physical copies (fuel/bus tax) and saves me time and money in the process (deals/steam sales).

-There is a lot of people that like physical game copies, collectors edition etc, plus you can trade them in when you're done with it or share it with a friend.

I also haven't eneded to update my drivers in ages since all I had to do was install Nvidia Geforce experience and it handles the drivers for you automatically for both installation and when to download them, though I stopped using GFE because I discovered I don't need ever single driver update to play my games properly, especially for older cards.

The only worry you need tot hink about is your hardware specs, having up to 8gb DDR3 RAM, a decent i5 CPU, 600,700,900 series GPU and a 500-700 PSU, you can choose from a load of motherboards and get cheap HDD's and you're all set, there's even sites that allow you to choose parts for your PC and those sites make sure all the parts work together so you don't end up creating and buying something that won't work, there's even places in store/online that can put it together for you.

-If a game is optimized to play on consoles, the console owner don't ever have to worry about the game not working. Ever. It is also easier on the developers because all the hardware are the same.

Factually a M+K is objectively suprior to the gamepad which you can find from numerous sources all over the internet, the gamepad is great for platformers, racers and fighting games though, the M+K isn't just meant for only RTS games.

-Let me see you use M+K to play fighting games if it is suprior to gamepads..

The thing is PC's were very difficult to use and build in the past but that's practically changed now with people like Linus, Tek Syndicate and even PCGamer has weekly articles on building PC's and parts good for performance and money, articles to help understand PC gaming, PC gaming today is hardly impossible to get into and can even be cheaper in the long run (steam sales/hardware deals) with access to multiple peripherals and places to buy your games.

-Most console owners just don't want to deal with that. People want something that knows it'll work. They want to go sit on a sofa and not at a desk. They want to physically own the game, and if they feel like it they can go and trade it back when they're finished with it, or buy one that is used for cheap.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

All I have to do is select the game I want and click play, the game updates are also automatic and I can even choose to have other games update when I play my games, something the current gens can't really do.

-PS4 can do this. It can even do game updates, and firmware updates when you're asleep at night.

The plug and play part of consoles is pretty much close to dead, it's quicker for me to download my games than trying to hunt down physical copies (fuel/bus tax) and saves me time and money in the process (deals/steam sales).

-There is a lot of people that like physical game copies, collectors edition etc, plus you can trade them in when you're done with it or share it with a friend.

I also haven't eneded to update my drivers in ages since all I had to do was install Nvidia Geforce experience and it handles the drivers for you automatically for both installation and when to download them, though I stopped using GFE because I discovered I don't need ever single driver update to play my games properly, especially for older cards.

The only worry you need tot hink about is your hardware specs, having up to 8gb DDR3 RAM, a decent i5 CPU, 600,700,900 series GPU and a 500-700 PSU, you can choose from a load of motherboards and get cheap HDD's and you're all set, there's even sites that allow you to choose parts for your PC and those sites make sure all the parts work together so you don't end up creating and buying something that won't work, there's even places in store/online that can put it together for you.

-If a game is optimized to play on consoles, the console owner don't ever have to worry about the game not working. Ever. It is also easier on the developers because all the hardware are the same.

Factually a M+K is objectively suprior to the gamepad which you can find from numerous sources all over the internet, the gamepad is great for platformers, racers and fighting games though, the M+K isn't just meant for only RTS games.

-Let me see you use M+K to play fighting games if it is suprior to gamepads..

The thing is PC's were very difficult to use and build in the past but that's practically changed now with people like Linus, Tek Syndicate and even PCGamer has weekly articles on building PC's and parts good for performance and money, articles to help understand PC gaming, PC gaming today is hardly impossible to get into and can even be cheaper in the long run (steam sales/hardware deals) with access to multiple peripherals and places to buy your games.

-Most console owners just don't want to deal with that. People want something that knows it'll work. They want to go sit on a sofa and not at a desk. They want to physically own the game, and if they feel like it they can go and trade it back when they're finished with it, or buy one that is used for cheap.

1. I wasn't aware you could update all your games one after the other all while playing an online and singeplayer game, like I;m talking all other games, not just the one you're playing, I've specifically not seen threads talking about such a feature that consoles didn't have last generation.

2. You can share your games on Steam.

3. I've seen that proven false so many times when a game runs with stutter, low res, low textures but on a PC you can actually fix them or have them fixed via mods, something consoles can never have, being able to mod your games and fix them is not something to be overlooked, I'm even able to tweak my config files for most games to my liking and it doesn't take me to be a super scientist to figure out how either.

4. I had already wrote that gamepads do great with racers,platformers and fighting games though....

5.You can buy a prebuilt machine then, there's also prebuilt gaming machines on the way anyway, it;s not like PC gaming is some magical mythical platform that's going to die or be ignored by millions, there's already more millions gaming on PC anyway.

Again it just seems like some of you here are just adding to the myth, that PC gaming is a nigh impossible thing to get into, you hardly try it yourselves and yet you are already judgemental about it, I can judge both because I game on both, I gamed on consoles back in the day way more than I had on PC but I tell you it's not rocket science.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

(1)- This game will never be ported. The only chance this has of ever appearing on another system is if the PS5 is backwards compatible (odds are decent considering the move to the x86 space, but not 100% due to the misc secondary chips and OS layer which may change considerably with the next gen).

(2)- Console only, PC only, Single-platform only, or all/many platform players, just enjoy what you like, and recognize that others have their own opinions. There is no wrong or right for everyone in this regard. People can only change their own minds if they so choose, nobody can convince anyone of anything else. Besides, some things drive some people up the freaking wall, while others see them as neutral or even beneficial.

Take me for example, I love many console exclusive games. I have no problem with those titles being not available on my ultimate platform of choice : the PC. I do get irritated if something gets bought out or moneyhatted into not appearing on PC, or general abuse of the PC gaming world. Microsoft completely shafted PC gaming imho with the whole idea of Xbox, but that's a side issue.

Anyway, I also feel that one of the things I most loved about console gaming for the longest time was the lack of updates necessary to operate or play the games. Local multiplayer was huge, load times were almost nil on the cart-based systems, and often even marginal with optical-based systems.

I feel like many of those core advantages are vanishing with the newer consoles. Day 1 updates, updates to the OS, advertising coming through, and the ability to post-patch games giving developers and publishers the excuse of shipping broken games to basically beta-test on the public.

I also detest and loathe the concept of paid online or subscription based multiplayer with a burning seething hatred. This isn't purely for XBLG/PSN+, this is things like WoW/Pay to Win crap on PC as well. At least on PC it's pretty easy to avoid, but it means that I will never play console online MP again most likely. At the same time, I very much DO acknowledge that there was good value established with the free games with PS+ and later XBLG, but I feel that that should be an optional paid service, and standard MP should be free (and the responsibility of the dev to maintain, or open the servers up for private rental for community supported servers).

PC gaming today IS easier than ever before.

For the most novice person imaginable :

(1)- Buy a PC that has a base performance level like an Alienware Alpha. No, it's not great, but it will play most things at respectable level. It also has HDMI out of course.

(2)- Plug in a USB Xbox controller. Boom, with Windows 7 and newer you don't have to calibrate, install drivers, nothing. If you want couch gaming, then get a wireless pad with bluetooth dongle, those are also easily available.

(3)- Leave the default Nvidia or AMD updater installed that checks for new drivers. If new drivers are released you click 'next, ok, done'. Often quicker and more painless than a console OS update for sure.

(4)- Install Steam, pick the games you want, and boom : you got em. Installation is cake, and with your Xbox pad, you are set. you can play just about as easy (or easier, depending on situation) as a console, with better priced games and free online (for almost all games unless you are an MMO guy).

Now me, I like it all. Give me PS4, Wii U, the occasional Xbox exclusive in spite of my indifference to the brand, and I love it. I also love my gaming PC.

Do you disagree? You are correct in respect to yourself then, and so I am correct in my own feelings.

People really need to respect the difference between subjectivity and objectivity.

Path A may be superior to Path B in a number of significant objectively provable ways, but if a person prefers path B, then they are correct in their own decision.

We're all gamers here right, otherwise why bother caring about this site?

IOW : Game and let game. Nobody is going to change their minds.

Forgot to mention a couple of crucial pros/cons to console and PC that I feel strongly about :

With consoles, I find it a HUGE plus that physical games are widely available, have resale/collector value, and can be played offline. This is wonderful, and I hope it doesn't go away anytime soon (no offense to anyone who prefers DD on console, that's great, but not for me unless it's indie stuff, things that I don't care about keeping or having available without screwing with online access, downloads, or 20 years from now if I'm wanting to play it again on another system).

With PCs, the near total lack of physical media (especially in the US) is a bit of a negative, but of course PCs are basically all online these days, so it's a minor issue, but still I wouldn't ever recommend a PC to an offline gamer.

Also with PCs, I can't tell you the level of preference I have for KBM with FPS games. Third person games I feel neutral about either way unless they demand extreme precision. And racers, fighters, sports, platformers, just most non-FPS in general : give me a controller or wheel please :) But playing FPS on a gamepad just feels wrong to me. Again, this doesn't make people that feel the opposite incorrect, it's a matter of preference.

Reading through those comments in that petition, I noticed just how much PC gamers feel like they are better than console gamers. This is absolutely sickening...

Jimbo1337 said:
Reading through those comments in that petition, I noticed just how much PC gamers feel like they are better than console gamers. This is absolutely sickening...

I'm a PC gamer that doesn't feel superior about anything, I just enjoy what I enjoy in peace. I also love my consoles.

There are massive dildos in every group. Just check any Youtube comments section related to PS4 or Xbox One debates to see constant insults, hatred, stupidity, and ignorance on a gargantuan scale.

And yes, there ARE morons just as offensive on the PC side of the fence. My point is that everybody's shit stinks the same though, better not to lower to those kinds of levels regardless of your preference. Someone willing to insult other gamers just because of differing opinions is not a person worth wasting breath or bandwidth talking to.

Chazore said:
deskpro2k3 said:

1. (I wasn't aware you could update all your games one after the other all while playing an online and singeplayer game), like I;m talking all other games, not just the one you're playing, I've specifically not seen threads talking about such a feature that consoles didn't have last generation.

Now you know, and it does it while you're away, or asleep.

2. You can share your games on Steam.

Yeah.. But you can't trade them in for credit after you're done with it.

3. I've seen that proven false so many times when a game runs with stutter, low res, low textures but on a PC you can actually fix them or have them fixed via mods, something consoles can never have, being able to mod your games and fix them is not something to be overlooked, I'm even able to tweak my config files for most games to my liking and it doesn't take me to be a super scientist to figure out how either.

I have not once encountered any of those claims of stutter. I'm glad you've brought up the use of third party tools (Mods), because Console owners just don't have to worry about third party software because they know their games will work when they pop it into the machine.

4. I had already wrote that gamepads do great with racers,platformers and fighting games though....

So what makes M+K superior? I'll tell you, FPS. That is pretty much it, and PS4 supports M+K too.

5.You can buy a prebuilt machine then, there's also prebuilt gaming machines on the way anyway, it;s not like PC gaming is some magical mythical platform that's going to die or be ignored by millions, there's already more millions gaming on PC anyway.

Again it just seems like some of you here are just adding to the myth, that PC gaming is a nigh impossible thing to get into, you hardly try it yourselves and yet you are already judgemental about it, I can judge both because I game on both, I gamed on consoles back in the day way more than I had on PC but I tell you it's not rocket science.

I'm playing devil's advocate here. If you're judging me like that, then you should know that I like PS, but I don't go around preaching about how superior a machine is in people faces. I think it is safe to say everyone knows PC can be more beefy than consoles, but a gamer that enjoys playing on consoles prefers the simplicity and comfort that it brings.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5