By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest online multiplayer games of all time

I'm going with Warhawk:

• huge, detailed, and well thoughout maps with many smaller "portion" variations
  • ability to serve your own games (ranked or unranked) with parameters you specify (also handy when the official servers are down: there's usually still more than 130 servers to choose from in that case)
  • 32 player games (!)
  • Air and ground combat
  • excellent balance of air and ground vehicles and the various weapons
  • ability to carry nine different weapons simultaneously (soldier: 8 primary + frag grenades, airplane: 8 primary + machine gun)
  • Extensive dev support/new content after launch
So what do you think? What is your favorite game to play online and why?

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

WarHawk for PS3

ShadowRun for 360.

I'm TOTALLY kidding, Halo2/3 for 360

:)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

either halo 2 or Rainbow six 3:black arrow...nothing will even beat those

hmmm.... I've never played Halo 2 online (have played local games on my friend's box) what was so good about it? (not being skeptical, just curious)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

medal of honor heroes 2 wii

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

COUNTER STRIKE!!

Retrasado said:
hmmm.... I've never played Halo 2 online (have played local games on my friend's box) what was so good about it? (not being skeptical, just curious)

It's not really anything super revolutionary, it's just the fact it did everything that is done before, perfectly.

I really haven't played enough to comment on it fairly, but enough for me to say "wow, it's really well-done"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

yeah cs1.6

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

starcraft is the best online pc game ive evar played

halo 2's introduced a whole new way of playing halo online. i played halo 2 on my 360 and it was amazing. halo 3 followed up with even better online play.

ive never tried warhawk but people keep saying its good so i might pick it up.

COUNTER STRIKE HANDS DOWN.

HALO GOT SHIT ON CS