Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Playthrough & Discoveries Thread

My stats are (started with Mil Vet)
16 vit
16 end
23 Str
15 skill
7 Blood
5 arc

Does my distribution seem decent? I am using Kirkhammer which current has a B Str rating so I have been pumping my str.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
My stats are (started with Mil Vet)
16 vit
16 end
23 Str
15 skill
7 Blood
5 arc

Does my distribution seem decent? I am using Kirkhammer which current has a B Str rating so I have been pumping my str.

The thing about this game is that you just really need to meet the minimum requirement for Str/Skl/blood/Arc for the weapon you desire. Raise your Vit/End up equally and forget about the rest, unless you want to meet a requirement. The arc is a little low, meaning you probably not getting many item drops.

The gems will take care of the weapon's attack increases until you find the weapon you feel more confortable with. (Then decide which of Str/Skl/Bld/Arc you wish to maximize) I'm lv 66 and I only have 17 into str and 12 into skill. =P I'm looking for that damn scyth.

Rage quit after losing to the 3rd boss for the fourth time, I´m a Souls veteran (I know Bloodborne is its own thing, but still...), having played and beaten Demons and Dark Souls several times, and feel like a newbie again with this boss damn it.

Started the game with the cane and the waste of skin build and had to restart the game. The freaking cane does very little damage! So I started again with an axe and I'm having a better time with the game... but Im finding the start of the game to be quite hard anyway...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

JGarret said:
Rage quit after losing to the 3rd boss for the fourth time, I´m a Souls veteran (I know Bloodborne is its own thing, but still...), having played and beaten Demons and Dark Souls several times, and feel like a newbie again with this boss damn it.

Blood Starved Beast? That boss fucked me like 6 times and everytime it got harder because I didn't have vials and antidotes anymore lol. Eventually I decided to get some echos and bought vials and antidotes and won.

Around the Network

encountered a bug that I thought people should be informed of its existence. Noticed it when I found that no matter how many blood vials the game said it was putting into storage it never replenished them when I died and there weren't any appearing in my storage. Turns out a bug had begun at some point that turns stored blood vials into pebbles. Fix I found on the internet is to take all of your pebbles out of storage and then add one blood vial to storage, and it seems to work. I can imagine this being annoying if someone doesn't notice it before going on a big blood vial farming spree so at least now you guys know it exists.

On my progress, I just got myself the blade of mercy which is the knife that can split into two for its second form and I'm loving it so far. Still need to man up and move on to the fourth boss, but I have several new areas open to me that I'm exploring for funsies first and I've made two chalice dungeons I'm working through.

Talal said:
JGarret said:

Blood Starved Beast? That boss fucked me like 6 times and everytime it got harder because I didn't have vials and antidotes anymore lol. Eventually I decided to get some echos and bought vials and antidotes and won.

Yes, that SOB and his poisonous multi hit attack and grab attack.

JGarret said:
Talal said:

Yes, that SOB and his poisonous multi hit attack and grab attack.

You can summon an npc if you've met him. There's a spot out the front of the area where you fight blood starved beast that gives you the hint. With someone else distracting it, it became very easy lol. 

In the forbidden woods area at the moment. There's a npc there that I tried to help but he broke my heart.... 

I don't know but that fight with the blood starved beast only took me 2 times to beat. I even forgot about the damn boss's name. Now I think I'll always remember the damn two two bosses from the first chalice ritual. (the first one and the last one) Damn did I die like 50 times on both of them combined. Had to remember their patterns of attacks. I still have them in my head.

DraconianAC said:
I don't know but that fight with the blood starved beast only took me 2 times to beat. I even forgot about the damn boss's name. Now I think I'll always remember the damn two two bosses from the first chalice ritual. (the first one and the last one) Damn did I die like 50 times on both of them combined. Had to remember their patterns of attacks. I still have them in my head.

Those 5 hit combos of Undead Giant are damn crazy indeed.

Sif on Fire 3.0 can be tricky as well but playing unlocked really helps.