By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 8 (finished)

Tagged games:

InnocentSin said:
ReimTime said:
What other games do you plan to do? My PS1 backlog has Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF7-9, MGS1, Silent Hill, and a few others. You will be doing PS2 games too I take it?

The only one on that list I haven't played is Silent Hill. But I can definitely say that you should play Chrono Cross as soon as you can. CC is an absolute masterpiece imo. However, when you are playing it, approach the game with an open mind.

I want to get them all done asap but I have a very intimidating backlog across 5 platforms lol. I will definitely enjoy playing all the games, including CC. I use ePSXe emulation on my laptop and then VGA cable it to an LED monitor, since I don't have a PS1 at college with me

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
Congratz!, so what now? FF9 or MGS?

I really dunno.

I told myself to play all three in a row, but I'll have problem with FF9 as I had with 8, maybe MGS is more suitable now.

I still don't have it though, it's available at PSN but 2 and 3 are not (only with the HD versions, which is not what I'll play).

Maybe I can get MGS and do it now and think about how to get 2 and 3 after.

You should play 9 while 7 and 8 are still fresh in your head (if you gona play it anyway that is). 9 is a very different journey form 7 and 8, its very similar to 4 in tone and how the world looks and feels Id say, would be interesting to play it now and see what you think after what youve seen on 7 and 8. Also Nobuo Uematsu clains that FF9s OST is his best work ever, I tend to prefer 8s soundtrack mostly because I love Maybe I Am a Lion/The Extreme (Griever and Ultimecia final form songs respectively) and the Landing (song that plays when youre starting your Seed exam) but I put 9s OST at the same level as 7s.

Glad you enjoyed this game & i enjoyed reading your review. :)

I have this game in my shelf, but sadly, i didn't even finish the game. ^^

try alundra next ;)

BraLoD said:

That's what I want but I dunno if I'll have too much time to play it.

It's probably longer than 8 right?

They're actually around the same length.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
InnocentSin said:

They're actually around the same length.

7 and 8 were around the same length to me surprisingly (as 8 has 4 cds and 7 only 3, and 7 actually took a little more time).

So I have another 50ish JRPG waiting for me? xD

Pretty much, although it's worth it ;)

But I suggest you take a break and play something else for a bit. I'm afraid that you'll play FFIX and get burnt out. That's happened to me plenty of times with other RPGs and I think you're experience with FFIX should deserve better.

BraLoD said:
Ruler said:
try alundra next ;)

Sorry but already have a lot of games to try next xD

Castlevania Symphony of the Night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-2ne1gRo8

after you watch that you'll never hear that track the same way... it made me so nostalgic about ff8 XD

BraLoD said:

I'm strongly inclined to play,the original versions, I wanna see them not a HD version of them.

Sure it should look better but I preffer it this way

I did,never said it to you? I'm too picky with this stuff xS

Well i do recall you telling me that you prefered playing LOD on the PS1 because the PS3 version didnt look like the original one, so i thought most of the reasons why you didnt played games on new systems was becasue most of the time they look worse than the the original version, but if its just because you like playing it "the old style" its ok, i guess that makes you a "Pure Retro Gamer".

Dammit BraLoD! I've just got the Ragnarok and was hoping to beat you to the end

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.