By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's going on with Nintendo not having a direct worldwide since Jan?

Dulfite said:
I think Nintendo just made massive announcements and, in their eyes and in the eyes of most gamers that qualifies as their direct for the past month or 2. I'm pretty happy about nx reveal and fascinated by mobile news. I'd be goood for another month tbh.

Not really the same thing as a direct. It was more for investors to see the direction Nintendo was going in. This in no way was the same as a direct which actually showcases things for consumers to see. 

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

They don't have many things to announce. The DeNa deal was more for investors than gamers, and it was a japanese announcement (I think). What are the next releases that they haven't covered? Xenoblade 3D (remake), and Splatoon (still too early to make a direct about it). New game announcements will come at E3 or at an April Direct. And if they make another direct before E3, it would show only already announced games (Devil's Third, Yoshi), announce some stuff for the 3DS or be a Splatoon-only direct.

I counted several Wii U titles alone they could showcase NOT covering anything new, or LOZ or Splatoon related. They have plenty of titles they need to get into a little more with just the titles already announced. 

How about an Xenoblade X localized trailer with a region specific release date, how about the first screenshots or video of Star Fox (a game that will be released this year and before LOZ), What about the first pics or video of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, what about a new look at the revamped The Devil's Third (also supposedly coming out this year, and I'm guessing summer so fairly soon at that), how about some more news on the Fire Emblem 3DS game supposedly coming out this summer, what about the game Tantalus is porting over (which they said would be announced soon back in Jan I think), what about Fast Racing Neo which we got one screenshot of and know nothing about, what about showing full character screenshots of Project Treasure, or how about a more in depth look at Rodea The Sky Soldier? 

I'm also not talking about announcing new titles, that is what E3 is for. I'm talking for getting the word out on games that are months away from releasing that we DO know about that are going to be completely glossed over at E3. Now is the time to get some hype out for game that are not titled Legend Of Zelda.

Captain_Yuri said:
I think 2016 announcements will be waiting for e3 but I would like more directs though

I agree, but I wish they would get the lead out on some of the games that should be releasing until fall. 6 months isn't to far out to show some initial footage of Star Fox, or The Devil's Third. We should be getting some info on these games, and they should be trying to hype them up without 

How much love do people think these smaller titles are going to get when they are bumping heads with new info for LOZ, or a new Metroid game.

PwerlvlAmy said:
cause they're silly

How they are presented doesn't degrade the importance of publicizing and hyping upcoming software.

Really all we have pre E3 in the west is Splatoon. So maybe a Splatoon direct for us. At E3 we should see Yoshi, Star Fox, XCX and Zelda all for the 2nd half (if Zelda aint delayed). Any other WiiU games to come??

Around the Network
melbye said:
Can't have a mini-E3 every month

Hardly the case. While E3 I view as being centrally important to premier new games, directs more important role is to convey info about games that are already announced. Each has their place. 

ktay95 said:
Really all we have pre E3 in the west is Splatoon. So maybe a Splatoon direct for us. At E3 we should see Yoshi, Star Fox, XCX and Zelda all for the 2nd half (if Zelda aint delayed). Any other WiiU games to come??

I don't think E3 is the place to go over Yoshi, XCX, or Star Fox. E3 is more the place for the years huge holiday blockbuster (LOZ), and to announce new titles or what to look forward to in the following year. Not to get into the small details of games releasing shortly that consumers already know about. 

It's not that uncommon to go this long without a Direct. Anyway, I expect we will be getting a Direct any day now, but I wouldn't expect it to have anything besides new details on things coming out before E3 (Mario Kart 8 DLC, Smash Bros. update and DLC, Splatoon, stuff like that).

They want to stack their deck for E3. New announcements and Zelda won't overshadow the other titles, they didn't last year and they won't this year.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

bigtakilla said:
ktay95 said:

I don't think E3 is the place to go over Yoshi, XCX, or Star Fox. E3 is more the place for the years huge holiday blockbuster (LOZ), and to announce new titles or what to look forward to in the following year. Not to get into the small details of games releasing shortly that consumers already know about. 

A new 3-5 minute trailer for each of those 3 is enough with release dates announced. Thats only 9-15 mins out of there 1 hour or more.
Im sure Zelda will have a decent amount of time speant on it if it. If it is delayed into 2016 though watch Star Fox recieve a lot of attention being there holiday game... Hell watch Star Fox recieve a lot of time just because its Miyamoto;s new game.

There's usually almost always at least eight weeks between full Directs. One every two months or so. It's only been 8 1/2 weeks since the January Direct. I would only be concerned if it passed March and we still didn't have one.

Of course, the longer we have to wait between Directs, the better the announcements when we do get one.

We need updates on MewTwo DLC, Mario Kart 8 pack 2, Splatoon launch details, etc. I'd be surprised if we didn't have one next week or the week after.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.