By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Franchise: How Far it has Fallen on the Wii

DK on Wii is a racing game, not a drum game.

I'd love to see another 2d DKC like game (but with playstation quality graphics) on the DS. Call it New Donkey Kong Country or something. It could sell millions.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

maybe WiiWare could bring us a new 2D DKC ...
not too probable but dreaming is free ....

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

i loved donkey kong jungle beat for the gamecube (basically donkey kong country with the bongos).

however, his other post snes home console adventures (donkey kong 64, donkey konga 1 and 2, and barrel blast) have all been mild to major disappointments.

I never owned any DK games when I was younger, but I'd gladly buy a DK platformer for the Wii!

DK Barrel Blast is a damn BAD game. SO BAD it won't even deserves the right of the DK name on the cover.

It was so better when it uses the GC bongos, don't even know WHY Nintendo has dropped the support on the Wii version.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

It's not just on the Wii. They've struggled with it since the N64 (DK64 was okay, but never considered as good as the older games).

The problem is what to do with DK? He started out as Mario's emissary, and then got put into weird family-based platformers, and then conga games. So what is the "real" DK? What would work best for him?

Personally I'd love to see him in a Mario game again in which they were pitted against one another.

No one gives a god damn about Donkey Kong. That's why he's on the decline. Well, by no one I mean me, but I imagine many others feel the same! None of Nintendo's characters have any real depth but for some reason I am more interested in what other characters are up to, not so much what Donkey Kong is doing. I mean... He's the bad guy for goodness sake. I can often like a bad guy personality but not this guy. He's boring. He stole Pauline. They should bring Pauline back. Instead there is this Peach / Daisy nonsense which still confuses people. Pauline should have her own game. And what is this Diddy Kong bullcrap?! I am not interested in the Donkey Kong family at all honestly Where is Donkey Kong Jr. Is Diddy Kong actually Donkey Kong Jr.? Donkey Kong Jr. is the only Kong that interests me.

i loved DK64 so they should have no problem bringing to 3D

im still waiting for a good donkey kong like everyone else nintendo!

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

DK64 was a good game, i like it when i was 12 or something like that, I dont think i'll like it now, but it was cool overall

You should of made one of your fancy graphs, I'm not clicking on that mess =)