By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Wife is on her way to the Store to get me a PS Vita

Lafiel said:
to be honest, I like remote play better on my tablet, because the PS Vita screen is too small/ the resolution of the Vita stream (544p, like it's display res - on other devices it's up to 720p) not high enough to read the smaller texts in games

and ofcourse the DS4 is much more comfortable to hold and use than the Vita for extended gaming and triggers etc don't have to be awkwardly mapped to the screen/back pad

none of my tablets had analog sticks. Remote play with T-0 is great (it plays better on the vita in about 40% of the cases, but if my wife wants the tv I will be happy to switch to remote play).

Honestly I am pleasently suprised. It feels like a good piece of hardware. I never had this feeling about my 3DS(bought it for Fire Emblem and Pokemon). If you own a PS4 and have cash to spare the Vita is the very best accessory you can get. As for a stand alone handheld, I have yet to play it like that, but I am a anxious to get into P4G.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I recommend getting one of these - makes a HUGE difference for extended play sessions. Look around for a bit on Amazon first, I managed to find one for $1.50 a few weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Grips-Compatible-PSVita-Playstation-Vita/dp/B0081EH12M

tokilamockingbrd said:
Imnus said:

Take a look at this:

Playstation Vita Memory Card: 64GB $75, 32GB $49 (w/ VISA Checkout) + Free Shipping

Just realized you probably aren't in the US. I'll leave it there anyways, maybe someone needs a bigger Memory Card.

Definetely get these games that are for sale until Monday only: Gravity Rush ($0.81) and Dead Nation ($0.88).

By the way what kind of games you like?

1. JRPG

2. Open world adventure

3. WRPG

4. Story driven TPS

5. Sim Racers

6. Strategy games (Civ, Total War, Hearts of Iron, Eurorpa Universalis)

You seem to have a broad taste, so I'll just post the best ones:

JRPGs
Persona 4 Golden (Turn-Based / Adventure / Dungeon Crawler / Social Sim)
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster  (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (Action / Hunter)
Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Action / Adventure / Hunter)
Freedom Wars (Action / Adventure / Hunter)
Ys: Memories of Celceta (Action / Adventure)
Dragon's Crown (Action / Adventure / Dungeon Crawler / 2D Side-Scroller / Beat 'em Up)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Turn-Based Strategy / Adventure)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Turn-Based Strategy / Adventure)
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (Turn-Based / Adventure)
Muramasa Rebirth (Action / Adventure / 2D Side-Scroller)
Tales of Hearts R (Action / Adventure)

Action Adventures (3rd Person)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Stealth / Shooter)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Platformer / Shooter)
Gravity Rush (Open World / RPG / Beat 'em Up)
Ratchet & Clank Collection (Platformer / Shooter)
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Open World / Stealth)
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Stealth / Beat 'em Up)

Platformers

Little Big Planet (Puzzle / 3D Side-Scroller / Sandbox)
Tearaway (Action / Adventure)
The Sly Collection (Action / Adventure / Stealth)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Action / Adventure / Stealth)
Rayman Origins (2D Side-Scroller)
Rayman Legends (2D Side-Scroller)

Shooters
Killzone Mercenary (First-person)
Unit 13 (Third-person)

Adventures
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Visual Novel / Mystery)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Visual Novel / Mystery)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Visual Novel / Mystery)

Racers
MotorStorm RC
Wipeout 2048
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Fighters
Mortal Kombat PlayStation Vita
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Street Fighter x Tekken
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R

PSN (Digital Only) Games (Tons of Different Genres)
Helldivers
Velocity 2X
Rogue Legacy
Spelunky
Child of Light
The Swapper
Super Stardust Delta
Guacamelee!
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark
Frozen Synapse Prime
Grim Fandango Remastered

There aren't any retail WRPGs on VITA unless you count Borderlands 2, however there is some WRPGs on PSN for VITA like Rogue Legacy, Child of Light and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. I'm afraid there aren't Sim Racers like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport at all on VITA, nor there are any big Strategy games on VITA or much where else to be honest :´( Rest in peace AoE, EE, SH, etc.

Imnus said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Imnus said:

Take a look at this:

Playstation Vita Memory Card: 64GB $75, 32GB $49 (w/ VISA Checkout) + Free Shipping

Just realized you probably aren't in the US. I'll leave it there anyways, maybe someone needs a bigger Memory Card.

Definetely get these games that are for sale until Monday only: Gravity Rush ($0.81) and Dead Nation ($0.88).

1. JRPG

2. Open world adventure

3. WRPG

4. Story driven TPS

5. Sim Racers

You seem to have a broad taste, so I'll just post the best ones:

[GREAT SUGGESTIONS]

There aren't any retail WRPGs on VITA unless you count Borderlands 2, however there is some WRPGs on PSN for VITA like Rogue Legacy, Child of Light and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. I'm afraid there aren't Sim Racers like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport at all on VITA, nor there are any big Strategy games on VITA or much where else to be honest :´( Rest in peace AoE, EE, SH, etc.

However a few additional ones I'd suggest:

SIM Racers

WRC4 (Physical EU/JP)
Moto GP 2014 (Physical EU)
MXGP (Physical EU)
F1 2011 (Physical Globally?)

WRC5 has recently been confirmed, but with a different developer with a track record that is far from great. Milestone really nailed WRC4 IMO on Vita such an improvement over WRC3. Moto GP 2015 has also been outed as a potential Vita release this year, though I'm unsure if it's still MIlestone developing that, as they are currently making a different Motorbike game but it could be another to bare in mind.

FPS/TPS

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (PSN only)
Earth Defence Force 2017 (PSN only in the West)
Duke Nukem 3D (PSN - if you like Old Skool FPS games, it's a solid port)

Very limited genre sadly on the handhelds.

Strategy

History: Legends of War (Physical EU) This is the only proper strategy game on the system at the moment

Space Hulk is coming out in Europe physically in a few months. If you're a Turn Base Strategy purist it might be up your street. However it didn't get a great reception on PC.

Anyway, barely scratching the surface of what the system offers even with the huge list of games you've been given. Lots of fun times ahead.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

tokilamockingbrd said:

1. JRPG

2. Open world adventure

3. WRPG

4. Story driven TPS

5. Sim Racers

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Re-Birth1-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00K6ZNX3K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427026856&sr=8-2&keywords=hyperdimension+neptunia+rebirth+2

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Re-Birth2-Generation-PlayStation/dp/B00N2LR39U/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Have fun.

Around the Network
Imnus said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Imnus said:

Take a look at this:

1. JRPG

2. Open world adventure

3. WRPG

4. Story driven TPS

5. Sim Racers

thanks for the suggestions. Seeing the current gen consoles are really weak on JRPGs right now I think I will focus on that for the Vita. I also think I will give LBP a look on the vita. Also, I am really impressed with Remote Play, while I prefer to play T-0 on the TV with the Dual Shock 4, it is only a minor downgrade to use the Vita, its really responsive no lag at all. Also the Vita has an amazing touch screen (1st thing I noticed) I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 and an Ipad mini and the touch screen on the vita smokes them both.

My only complaint is that it does not have analog shoulder buttons which really limits which games work on remote play, also the lack of a R3/L3 type function on the analog sticks is missed (basically I wish the Vita was a Dualshock 4... lol) 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Yeah P4G will keep you busy.

MikeRox said:
Imnus said:

I'm afraid there aren't Sim Racers like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport at all on VITA.

SIM Racers

WRC4 (Physical EU/JP)
MXGP (Physical EU)

You're right, the licensed games completely slipped my mind. Sadly Moto GP is only available on the EU I'm afraid, and with the VITA account system it isn't worth it for most people.

Imnus said:
MikeRox said:
Imnus said:

I'm afraid there aren't Sim Racers like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport at all on VITA.

SIM Racers

WRC4 (Physical EU/JP)
MXGP (Physical EU)

You're right, the licensed games completely slipped my mind. Sadly Moto GP is only available on the EU I'm afraid, and with the VITA account system it isn't worth it for most people.

They're not overly expensive to get hold of now.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/motogp-14-playstation-vita/dgc-motogp14vita.htm

And they ship globally pretty reasonably too :)

No account issues, it'll work on any region account. I have a few US imports physically on my Vita. The only issue is if games have major DLC. But in Moto GP's case, it's pretty much all on the card :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

She deserves a wonderful night

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m