By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Remaster Coming To PS4? (RUMOUR)

GribbleGrunger said:
binary solo said:
Because...Crytek sucked on MS's balls and gave Xb one Ryse but they pimped themselves out to the wrong people, it turns out, so now that PS4 is kicking everything's arse they want to suck Sony's balls but they have nothing decent to offer?

Or is there an actual good reason for this game to get a new gen remaster?

Are you alluding to a recent rumour about Crytek being in talks with an un-named company? If so, that's what I was thinking (just thinking mind).

It would be for Crytek to go to Sony. What does Sony even need with Crytek? It's not like they don't have first party studios with amazing middleware. Crytek doesn't bring anything creatively awesome to Sony. It would be interesting for Sony to own a multiplat engine they can try to pimp out to 3rd parties. But what does Cry Engine really bring that 3rd parties can't already get from UE4 and other middleware engines.Maybe Sony is worried MS will buy Epic which would make UE a MS property and so Sony thinks it needs a multiplat engine of its own as a counterbalance.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Ruler said:

i want crysis 1 :(

probably a Crisis Collection Remaster...

This would be the better thing to do. It would allow the IP to pick up ground in this gen of consoles.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

AZWification said:

Is a remaster of Crysis 2 necessary though?

majority of the remasters arent necessary  D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

NobleTeam360 said:
Well this has flop written all over it.

It sure does. Nobody cared about Crysis 2 when it released. A standalone remake would be DOA. A collection may sell better, but still wouldn't do good numbers.  

I only want a remaster of 1. I give two craps about 2 and 3. They stopped caring about Nomad. I stopped caring about the other games.

Around the Network
binary solo said:

It would be for Crytek to go to Sony. What does Sony even need with Crytek? It's not like they don't have first party studios with amazing middleware. Crytek doesn't bring anything creatively awesome to Sony. It would be interesting for Sony to own a multiplat engine they can try to pimp out to 3rd parties. But what does Cry Engine really bring that 3rd parties can't already get from UE4 and other middleware engines.Maybe Sony is worried MS will buy Epic which would make UE a MS property and so Sony thinks it needs a multiplat engine of its own as a counterbalance.

I've always thought that engines were the hidden battleground for quality on consoles.

The PS5 Exists. 

2 wasn't exactly a stellar piece compared to 1, after Crytek went to consoles the series just took a nosedive in quality and general play, I really don't see a reason for them to remaster just the 2nd game and even then it will flop.

Crytek should have just stayed where it started from and pandered to it's original audience since the majority of that audience is no longer interested in what they do anymore.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Out of all games, why would Crytek remake Crysis 2? Wouldn't Ryse be the obvious option? Or a Crysis collection?

AZWification said:

Is a remaster of Crysis 2 necessary though?

Any remastered game is not necessary in general.

This seems this is going to be the port-generation