By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WITCHER 3 ULTRA Specifications!!!

Mr.Playstation said:
sc94597 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
sc94597 said:

The PS4 is not going to be running this game at ultra with 8x AA 16 x AF likely. 

Still running @1080P/30fps @ medium settings which when considering that against the price required to build a system with a GTX 980 is amazing.

It would be cheap to build a PC that will run it at medium 1080p 30fps. All you need is a mid-ranged card which costs $150-250, and a decent multi-threaded CPU. 

+6GB Ram ( minimum )

+ Case

+ Hard Drive

+ Mouse

+ Keyboard

+ Power supply

+ Motherboard

( Doesn't sound so cheap now, does it )

I can build said PC for $450-500 (no taxes) and it would outperform the PS4 (at $425 with taxes.) 

Around the Network

The only thing that impresses me about the graphics is the huge open spaces and draw distance, and even then it's not the best I've ever seen, compared to the FF XV demo for example, or MGS V. The character models and facial details look nothing special imo.

Maybe it's the engine or the art style I dunno, that picture just doesn't blow me away.

sc94597 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

+6GB Ram ( minimum )

+ Case

+ Hard Drive

+ Mouse

+ Keyboard

+ Power supply

+ Motherboard

I can build said PC for $450-500 (no taxes) and it would outperform the PS4 (at $425 with taxes.) 

Hardly doubt it would run this games 1080P @ 30fps @ medium settings if you also include the stuff I listed above ( epecially the keyboard + mouse since a ps4 already has a controller ). Be my guest though and try.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

sc94597 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

+6GB Ram ( minimum )

+ Case

+ Hard Drive

+ Mouse

+ Keyboard

+ Power supply

+ Motherboard

Whats the specs?

sc94597 said:
Mummelmann said:

Man, you have cheap components across the pond; my rig will easily be in the 2000$ range with decent RAM and an SSD for system disc. And that's not counting the new monitor I'm getting... (Gotta have some of that 1440p sweetness).

Yeah, I just did a quick search on Newegg for the CPU/GPU. Ram should be like $60 (unless one goes with the 16 GB they used in this build.)  Case/power supply should be $70-$100. Motherboard should be $50-60, and SSD/HDD should be $60-$100 depending on what one gets. 

My RAM alone will cost somewhere around 200$.

https://www.komplett.se/crucial-ddr4-2133mhz-16gb-2x8gb/822973

Then again; I'm going for DDR4 and 16GB since I plan on having this rig for about 4 years or so.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
sc94597 said:

Hardly doubt it would run this games 1080P @ 30fps @ medium settings if you also include the stuff I listed above ( epecially the keyboard + mouse since a ps4 already has a controller ). Be my guest though and try.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

TypeItemPrice
CPU AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $73.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $41.98 @ Newegg
Memory Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $52.99 @ Newegg
Storage *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCS+ Video Card $134.99 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case $22.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $474.72
  Mail-in rebates -$70.00
  Total $404.72
  *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria

Add keyboard, cheap OS license, and mouse gives $50-70 on top of that. 

Mummelmann said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, I just did a quick search on Newegg for the CPU/GPU. Ram should be like $60 (unless one goes with the 16 GB they used in this build.)  Case/power supply should be $70-$100. Motherboard should be $50-60, and SSD/HDD should be $60-$100 depending on what one gets. 

My RAM alone will cost somewhere around 200$.

https://www.komplett.se/crucial-ddr4-2133mhz-16gb-2x8gb/822973

Then again; I'm going for DDR4 and 16GB since I plan on having this rig for about 4 years or so.

Ram is pretty easily upgradeable. So I've tended to just get the bare minimum and upgrade as I needed (prices would be down then.) But everybody is different. Forgot about DDR4 though, so the price might be a bit higher if someone wanted/need to invest in it. 

Gilgamesh said:
sc94597 said:

Whats the specs?

See my reply to Mr. Playstation. 

and then the next sequel will force us to use new card lol, i still remember my friend really happy he bought GTX 680 to play this games, because he though he will play the game sooner , but now he have to buy new card again lol.

HollyGamer said:
and then the next sequel will force us to use new card lol, i still remember my friend really happy he bought GTX 680 to play this games, because he though he will play the game sooner , but now he have to buy new card again lol.

Only if he wants to play at ultra. The recommended requirement (GTX 770) is only slightly better of a card than the GTX 680. He should be fine at high in most settings with some set to medium.