By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony shutting down servers for MLB 14 on june 18 2015

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/

As of 18 June 2015 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following game:

PlayStation Vita
MLB14

PlayStation 3
MLB14

PlayStation 4
MLB14

might just be for the eu/uk verison

Around the Network

pls tell me there is no pnline trophy?

Such is the cons of dedicated servers. Eventually this will happen to all of our favorite games

Seems really early, the PS4 version would have been out for a year and a month at that point.

that feels really early to be honest :/

Around the Network

After they shutt down the servers for GT5 this doesn't surprise me.. but still is a let down.. that their games have short lifes on the Online department...

Anyone knows if infamous 2 servers are down (it had a mission creation/sharing mode with trophies)? I have pending that Platinum to compelte some of these days...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

That's way too quickly... I can understand them wanting to push the next entry (which releases in just over a week), but there's really no excuse for cutting something's online after just a year.

Actually it makes sense outside the United States.

considering the fact that MLB games sell pretty much the same copies year after year, it's safe to say it's the same people buying the new version every year, so maybe Sony knows not enough people will be playing MLB 14 when MLB 15 comes out for it to matter.

outside the US is hardly surprising. People overreacting as usual.