By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Bloodborne A System seller? PS4 Now Holds 8 out of top 10 on Amazon Best Seller...

Bloodborne is a system seller but it'll probably be a slow and steady bump rather than a huge spike at launch.
I got my PS4 last month and have done nothing with it besides a few demos like P.T.
Love the DS4 controller on the PC though, really comfy and the touchpad is great for when I need the mouse to click a few menus to start certain games while playing on TV.

Around the Network

It shows that Sony really should have pushed a Bloodborne PS4 bundle, maybe even with a new skin.

YarHar707 said:
Bloodborne is a system seller but it'll probably be a slow and steady bump rather than a huge spike at launch.
I got my PS4 last month and have done nothing with it besides a few demos like P.T.
Love the DS4 controller on the PC though, really comfy and the touchpad is great for when I need the mouse to click a few menus to start certain games while playing on TV.

I think there WILL be a big spike (not huge) but from that point on I agree. That's why I've said Bloodborne will help momentum through April too.

The PS5 Exists. 

tokilamockingbrd said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Bloodborne is not a system seller, but it will push a couple of extra PS4's for people who are fans of the Souls series. Its a definite contender for GOTY as most of the games have been. Demon Souls won game of the year from Gamespot I believe. I'm not expecting anymore than 2-2.5 million at best for this game to tell you the truth.

It is a system selling. There are millions of Souls fans and they are the type of fanbase to buy a console just for the game. Yes it is not going to go out and sell 10 million copies like Halo or something.

To me the biggest system sellers are Zelda, Halo, Gran Tourismo (Europe mostly), Final Fantasy, Smash, and GTA. Those are the types of games people will just buy a console to play it. Then there are other series like AC, COD, Battlefield, TLOU, Uncharted, Mario Platformers, Mario Kart, Madden, FIFA, Forza ect that do sell alot consoles but it is more of a cumulative effect of all the multiplats (or cumlative effect with other exclusives),  but might not move consoles just in themselves.

Bloodborne compares more to the 1st group expect on a much smaller scale.

Ive never heard a PC fan say they were going to buy a PS4 for Bloodborne alone. I've heard them say they were jealous, but thats all. Bloodborne will give Sony a seasonal bump in sales which is not good for Microsoft in any way shape or form. I would expect most gamers it anticipate a summer sale.

xb1 is 20 and rising

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Yes, most of its effect will be felt in the first week though. This won't be a title that crosses over into the mainstream IMO

Bloodborne will be a system seller. I bet almost everyone that's played the souls series will be picking up a ps4 to play it.

yes ! its a systemseller.

many friends buy now a ps4 : )