By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - European Xbox 360 price cut confirmed!

kber81 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I hope Sony counter this with something, would make for some interesting Others numbers for a while anyway :D

No. Sony needs to wait as long as possible with the price cut. In most european countries this move won't matter. In UK GT5P bundle will dash this little 360 offensive for sure. They will gain nothing.

Hah, the bundle that doesn't even come with a full game???

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
kber81 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I hope Sony counter this with something, would make for some interesting Others numbers for a while anyway :D

No. Sony needs to wait as long as possible with the price cut. In most european countries this move won't matter. In UK GT5P bundle will dash this little 360 offensive for sure. They will gain nothing.

Ask Nintendo if you actually need a FULL game in a bundle to sell like Hotcakes. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
smbu2000 said:
kber81 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

Ask Nintendo if you actually need a FULL game in a bundle to sell like Hotcakes. ;)

smbu = pwned

If you don't know [Wii Sports] 

I would not be surprised if Sony dropped the price soon, maybe they will introduce the GT 5p bundle at £275, £25 off

The only price drop that would really get me interested in a 360 would be if they dropped it by £50 to £200

@kber

I hear what you are saying, and i also don't think Sony have anything to worry about when it comes to this price-cut... but it would be nice for them to do one too, spark-up some nice high sales for a while!

I mean if the PS3 was

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
what's the reason behind it?

Weak US dollar? (no price-cut in US)

weak sales number (price-cut imminent in US AND Japan)

yep and yep

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Tommie said:

Ur funny. Now that the 360's price is under that of the Wii and way under the PS3 sales will be doubled at least.

You are dreaming sir. Take a look at weekly others chart. This brand simply doesn't sell outside UK. In most countries PS3 sells at least twice as good as MS's baby. People want games X360 doesn't offer and GT is one of these games.

Even with the MS price cut, it will only be UK Aus and maybe Germany that see a substantial boost. PS3 EU weekly lead will probably be around 10k at least similar to 360 in US. GT 5 prolouge will increase this followed up by MGS in June. Sony will slowly catch up then a price cut around November.

Ynwa.

kber81 said:
Tommie said:

Ur funny. Now that the 360's price is under that of the Wii and way under the PS3 sales will be doubled at least.

You are dreaming sir. Take a look at weekly others chart. This brand simply doesn't sell outside UK. In most countries PS3 sells at least twice as good as MS's baby. People want games X360 doesn't offer and GT is one of these games.

Just take a look at spain's sales for last week

Munkeh111 said:
kber81 said:
Tommie said:

Just take a look at spain's sales for last week

I didn't say it would double the sales of the PS3's now did I? I said it will at least double their current sales, so that doesn't automaticly mean it will surpass the PS3 sales. Double sales in Spains is still well under that of the PS3's, but is still doubled.

You aint found shit!