By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tom Cruise is Link

bump

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

Yeah I knew and have seen the movie. Thought it was kinda cheesy, really. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

1) Yes
2) Yes

Ganondorf = Xenu?

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

I've seen the movie. And Tom Cruise was perfect as a Link clone when he was younger. If they had to make a movie now, I think it should be that guy who plays Superman in Smallville. Kristin Kreuk would be perfect to play Zelda.

Around the Network

Seeing as there's no actual quote of this supposed claim that Miyamoto was inspired by the film, I have to go with this from gannon-banned.com:

"I am not sure who started this great myth, but it is ending now. I e-mailed IMDB.com to remove that stupid trivia that says Miyamoto was influenced by the Ridley Scott film "Legend". Let's get the facts straight. Zeruda no Densetsu: The Hyrule Fantasy came out in Japan on the Famicom Disk System on February 21st, 1986. Legend came out in limited release in Europe in late 1985 due to an issue with the cut for the North American audience, which Ridley Scott discusses in the Ultimate Edition commentary and special features. Production of both masterpieces began at nearly the same time in 1983 at opposite ends of the globe. Quite frankly, there is a window of maybe two to three months in which Shigeru Miyamoto and company could have flown to Europe, seen Legend, and then flown back to make Zelda. In all honesty folks, Legend has very little in common with the original Legend of Zelda. Sure, Tom Cruise's character of "Jack" wears green clothes and he likes a princess and has to save her from an evil dude, but come on. Jack lives in a forest, has to save unicorns, drinks tea with forest folk, wears gold armor for most of the film, and fights some bull-demon form of Tim Curry. The film is more like Ocarina of Time, which came out in 1998, 12 years after The Legend of Zelda was released anywhere."

Linkzmax said:
Seeing as there's no actual quote of this supposed claim that Miyamoto was inspired by the film, I have to go with this from gannon-banned.com:

"I am not sure who started this great myth, but it is ending now. I e-mailed IMDB.com to remove that stupid trivia that says Miyamoto was influenced by the Ridley Scott film "Legend". Let's get the facts straight. Zeruda no Densetsu: The Hyrule Fantasy came out in Japan on the Famicom Disk System on February 21st, 1986. Legend came out in limited release in Europe in late 1985 due to an issue with the cut for the North American audience, which Ridley Scott discusses in the Ultimate Edition commentary and special features. Production of both masterpieces began at nearly the same time in 1983 at opposite ends of the globe. Quite frankly, there is a window of maybe two to three months in which Shigeru Miyamoto and company could have flown to Europe, seen Legend, and then flown back to make Zelda. In all honesty folks, Legend has very little in common with the original Legend of Zelda. Sure, Tom Cruise's character of "Jack" wears green clothes and he likes a princess and has to save her from an evil dude, but come on. Jack lives in a forest, has to save unicorns, drinks tea with forest folk, wears gold armor for most of the film, and fights some bull-demon form of Tim Curry. The film is more like Ocarina of Time, which came out in 1998, 12 years after The Legend of Zelda was released anywhere."

^this is the only thing I have ever seen saying other wise, and the only counter point I have ever seen posted. 

Metroid was influenced by Riddly Scotts "Alien" and I do believe you can find qoutes on that. So why is it so hard to believe he was influenced by "legend" as he clearly liked riddly's work. Off to find a quote.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

>Metroid was influenced by Riddly Scotts "Alien" and I do believe you can find qoutes on that. So why is it so hard to believe he was influenced by "legend" as he clearly liked riddly's work. Off to find a quote.

And I believe he said that Wiifit was influenced by his wife? Geez, does this guy have any original idea of himself? :P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kenzomatic said:
Linkzmax said:

Metroid was influenced by Riddly Scotts "Alien" and I do believe you can find qoutes on that. So why is it so hard to believe he was influenced by "legend" as he clearly liked riddly's work. Off to find a quote.

So a 1979 film that does indeed have strong similarites with a 1986 game(which Miyamoto had no part of), indicates that Miyamoto was inspired by a late 1985 film for his early 1986 game?

so in gannon-banned.com they say time is the only issue that makes this impossible.

There is no place where Miyamoto said what inspired him to make Zelda? I would think that question would have came up for all his games like Zelda at one point