By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

If NX is the new console Nintendo should get back 3rd party games else it would still be the same as the Wii U.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
DanneSandin said:

Seems like a pretty reasonable pricing order... They could price certain (less well known) series and price them at $40, like Kirby, and that would probably sell more copies than it would otherwise

Yep and u see that now with Kirby, Triple Deluxe-$35, Rainbow Curse-$40

I thought rainbow curse bombed?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Platina said:
DanneSandin said:
ReimTime said:

I agree that 3rd party support would be nothing but positive for Nintendo

Seems like we two are the only ones with that mindset ^^

Nah, I can name a lot of people that agree with you.

It's just that people who don't agree will respond to your comments, not as much as those who do :P

I do see what they are trying to get at though..

I see were theyre coming from, I do, but I see what Nintendo could be if done "right"

DanneSandin said:
zorg1000 said:

I was just talking about price, but if that game had the 3DS userbase to sell to as well, it would sell much higher

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

1. PC game developers were offered incentives from Sony and Microsoft to move to consoles, plus the closed environment of consoles was beneficial for publishers of such games. When they pulled all sorts of bullshit on the PC in the name of preventing piracy, legitimate customers began to pirate games because a pirated copy was more userfriendly than an actual copy. Since piracy is harder to accomplish on consoles, these devices are more attractive to publishers because they allow them to get away with all sorts of bullshit. And yes, the "mature" gamers of that time were on Sega, because we are talking about an audience that is easily manipulated and gladly gobbles up lies; these people honestly believed that the Genesis/Mega Drive was a more capable machine than the SNES and they honestly believed that Mario was for kids while Sonic was not (just think about how ridiculous that is). It's not about actual games, it's about buying into an image. That ties into point 2:

Moving to consoles seems to have been a pretty smart move by PC devs; they were trying to combat a legitimate issue (piracy) and therefore made the jump to consoles. Seems rational to me. Sure, forcing shitty DRm unto their games to the detriment of the experience (and thus forcing people to adopt piracy as a mean to get around this) isnt cool, but I can see WhY they did so. So by opeing up their platforms for PC devs Sony and MS actually HELPED the industry.

Lets not forget that Nintendo not only played into the hands of Sega but also ENHANCED that image of themselves by removing the blood from Mortal Kombat on SNES. Nintendo really wanted that family friendly image to such an extant that they wanted to make a "mature" game alot more family friendly. Thats how you loose older gamers.

2. There's nothing to be smarter about, because Nintendo would have to pull off the impossible and convince people who actively refuse to be convinced. You can run this experiment for yourself: Talk to a Nintendo hater (here, on another forum or in real life) and try to sway them into buying a Nintendo product.

I think their initial Wii advertisment were very good and smart. It didnt say kiddie, it said family. I think with the right games, the right ads and a powerful console they could winner over hardcore gamers

3. But Danne, PlayStation is all about variety (according to its fans), so Nintendo complementing third party titles like Call of Duty with their first party software fits the bill. Beyond that, if the goal for the Wii U was to play exactly the same games as PS (and we know that was the goal because that was how the console was presented to the public in 2011), then it clearly is an attempt to be like PS. If you play CoD on the Wii U with a dual analog controller, then that's the same experience as playing CoD on PS; this is undeniable. The same holds true for the GC and its multiplatform games. But you are right on one account: Nintendo didn't know that crowd at the time they came up with the Wii U. They truly believed that it's about games, but it's clearly not. The most important aspect for that crowd is that games should not be played on a Nintendo and that's why Nintendo will not be able to succeed with a multiplatform games strategy. Having the games does nothing good when you are still Nintendo; and Nintendo will always be Nintendo, because that's the name of the company.

I think you lost me, what fits the bill for what? That the Wii U is similar to PS because Nintendo offers variety by cppmlementing the mature 3rd party games with their own.... Family friendly games? I think we need to look at the games on each platform to determine what demographic their trying to get. PS offers a lot of mature games through its 3rd parties and its exclusive games, while only offering a handful of family friendly games (Im excluding sports games from category at the moment). So who do you think is gonna buy that console? On the other hand Nintendo offers mature games through their 3rd parties while offering ONLY family friendly games with their first party games (Wii Fit U, Wii Sports U fits this bill as well as all the mini games compilations and Mario and what have you). What demographics do you think will buy this console when EVERY third party games runs and looks better on the PS4? Like I said, just because Nintendo SAID they were making a hardcore console doesnt mean they actually DID. If I called a tree for a flower doesnt make the tree a flower, its still a tree no matter how much I try to tell you its a flower.

4. You are using ridiculous logic here. The concept for the Wii came from within Nintendo. What came from outside is technology and that's business as usual for Nintendo. Using withered technology and giving it a new purpose, that's something they've repeatedly done. Nintendo didn't invent touchscreens either, so by your logic Nintendo got lucky with the DS too.

Ok perhaps I could have worded it better. The tech came from outside and Nintendo knew how to use it correctly. But hadnt this company sought out Nintendo the Wii would never have been made. Nintendo might not have invented touchscreen, nor did they invent motion controls, but they utilized it with great success first. But the Dpad and analog stick were made inhouse. And lets not forget that theyve tried to use withered tech to great failure as well; Wii U. Right now it seems like other companies are leading the tech charge with VR leaving Nintendo behind. It the mean time Nintendo is playing catch up on the online front. All Im saying is that its hard to always have to come up with SUCCESSFUL new ways to use a bit of tech and to innovate the business every gen.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
DanneSandin said:

I was just talking about price, but if that game had the 3DS userbase to sell to as well, it would sell much higher

I agree. 

DanneSandin said:
zorg1000 said:

You thought wrong.

Materia-Blade said:
DanneSandin said:

You thought wrong.

Lol I did?! How much have it sold?

DanneSandin said:
Materia-Blade said:

You thought wrong.

Lol I did?! How much have it sold?

It's at 90k at the moment, so you thought right, it bombed big time. I guess there really is no point talking about Nintendo with Materia-Blade, as he seems to ive in a different universe called Planet Nintendo. He's pretty much the new Zero999 just with better manners.

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I really hope this is a step in the right direction for Nintendo, it's time they get out of the 90's mentality for their hardware and game design.