By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best E3 press conference?

I didn't watch it back then but I think that Sony's E3 conference in 2009 would've been sick to experience live and I still think it's unmatched regarding showings of huge upcoming titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhuZYpBiFzw&list=PL02B4518569AD63D7

PlayStation 3

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
God of War III
Gran Turismo 5
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Final Fantasy XIV
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Agent
The Last Guardian
ModNation Racers
MAG
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
etc.
+ 50 new PSOne Classics
+ new hardware (PlayStation Move)

PlayStation Portable

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Gran Turismo Portable
Resident Evil Portable
etc.
+ new hardware (PlayStation Portable Go)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vodacixi said:

Oh yes, poor Sony... that huge company don't have money to sustain an online system, let's help them together. LOL.
And the fact that a few games out of hundreds don't follow the main statement does not make said statement false. Maybe we could say it has some exceptions, but false? You're really running out of arguments if you have to say that kind of things...

Anyway, I'm tired of this. Leaving now...

Microsoft fucked over console gaming by forcing console gamers to pay for server coverage. Sony saw that they were paying and stayed away for as long as they could, but eventually while they were losing money they had to find a way. I'm not excusing it but I can understand their logic. I've Microsoft never came into the console business this never would've happened. We're paying for everything PC gamers get for free on both sides of the Sony/MS spectrum.

If Microsoft never came into the business online console gaming would be 10 years behind. And you can't compare console gaming to PC gaming. PC is totally different. For example, there isn't just one major PC manufacturer. If PC was going to charge who would charge us? HP? Sorry I use a Dell. Dell? Sorry you use an Asus, etc. etc.

Vodacixi said:
Ruler said:
Vodacixi said:
Kerotan said:
Vodacixi said:

I just can't see why so many people goes with Sony's 2013 presentation. They just said that they were doing something that it has been implied to exist since the conception of gaming consoles. They just stressed it. Nintendo also lets you share and buy second hand games. Hell, Sony had done it with all his previous consoles. Whats the deal? I understand the hate to Microsoft and the Xbox, but not the love that Sony recieved that day.

Anyway... Nintendo 2009 all the way. Metroid Other M, Golden Sun DS (good Lord, I came when I saw that), Sin and Punishment 2, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii... and the artwork for Skyward Sword. Epic.

Because sony is Microsoft's rival.  Sony could have followed Microsoft and taken the more profitable anti consumer route.  Everyone would have eventually accepted it and the core of the home console market would be fucked over by those policies.  I firmly believe the likes of EA, UBISOFT and Activision were pushing hard for them.  

They charge us for the goddamn online just as Microsoft did first. The fuck. A Sony that can do that can eventually go against second hand in the future. They just played safe and took advantage of Microsoft being dumb now. Just wait.

Anyway, I still think that keeping doing what you've been always doing has no merit. At all. Even if your rival does the opposite. The reaction of the crowd was exagerated.

Difference here is that charging for online gives sony money. What would DRM give to sony? They wouldnt profit from it unlike third parties like ea and activision. I think they pushed MS for it easpacially EA just look at their EA access deal, seems both have a bromance in closed doors.

That's not entirely true. Second hand market always hurts a publisher to a greater or lesser degree. If I decide to buy Halo 5 to a friend instead of purchasing it in the store, Microsoft is not making any profit of that deal. So yeah, taking that down does, indeed, benefit Microsoft. A lot? Almost nothing? I dunno, but definitley something.

That being said: 1. Just to clarify, I don't care if a publisher don't earn money from second hand market. That market is in literally every product and nobody says shit about taking it down. So Microsoft could fuck itself. And 2... you say this like if some policy helps the company to make some profit is justified whatever that policy is, but if not, its horrible. Okay...

I dont say paying for online is okay just looking from sonys perspective what is logical for them to make money

Twilight princess reveal was magical!

2004 Nintendo... Really not much of a contest there.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

My favorite single reaction of anything E3 related has to be this one. The shift was amazing

https://youtu.be/Iktxi6tPBPw?t=27s

You can stop a couple minutes in

Hmm, from memory I`d probably go with Ninten`s 2014. Never have I seen a sillier presentation than their digital event last year, and it was awesome. : ) I hope Ninten does something similar again.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
I'm pretty sure most people would agree that it's Nintendo's 2004 E3 where TP was revealed. Regardless of opinions of that game, it was the pinnacle of E3's.

It sounds like I need to watch this E3 some time if many people say it was great.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Sony 2013 e3. It kept me nervious thinking that sony might followed MS DRM policies. I felt so relieved after the conference

Sony's 2013 E3 since it was my first one and I couldn't believe at the time that they actually went there.