By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ( Rumor ) 2K Football making a comeback on Xbox One and Windows 10 with crossplay!

This isn’t NFL 2K16, but Joe Montana Football on Xbox One & PC!

Last October, 2K Sports employees and Joe Montana both teased a motion capture session for an unknown football game. While the obvious elephant in the room is 2K Sports planning to put together another football title, a member of their team revealed in December their brand logo aligned with Joe Montana in a viral tweet.

An anonymous poster on Operation Sports soon revealed Joe Montana Football 16 would be releasing this summer exclusive for Windows Platforms Xbox One and PC. Due to the EA and NFL licensing agreement, multi-platform titles (or releases on PlayStation and Xbox brands) are banned unless their first party releases.

In the past, Microsoft had their own internal and very successful exclusive studio XSN Sports (previous home to NFL Fever), but closed down due to a rumored threat of losing support from Electronic Arts. Now with their relationship at an all-time high, competition is something that wouldn’t affect the mainstream sales for the King of the gridiron; but would definitely give hardcore football gamers the closest thing to NFL 2K5 – over a decade later.

http://freeonsmash.com/gaming/is-joe-montana-football-with-2k-sports-becoming-a-reality/

Around the Network

Were the 2k hand-egg games better than the madden hand-egg games? I've never played either.

Um.. if it has actual nfl players then I would definitely buy this over Madden, otherwise I'll pass.

Barkley said:
Were the 2k hand-egg games better than the madden hand-egg games? I've never played either.

It's generally agreed upon  that the 2K games were far better than it's Madden counter parts. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Um.. if it has actual nfl players then I would definitely buy this over Madden, otherwise I'll pass.

Its supposed to be a real NFL license game!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Even without seeing any of the gameplay?

Well it's bound to be similar to Madden (without the annoying glitches in Madden hopefully). I seriously hope this is true though, I know plenty of people that'll play this over the Madden games.

Vasto said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Its supposed to be a real NFL license game!

Well that's good then, wouldn't want to play a football game without the actual players being in the game

Wow Madden's actually sold over here just checked amazon. Literally never seen a copy of any of them in my entire life... not even in the bargain bin.

If this has the NFL license it could be a pretty big deal.

Also 1st party NFL games are allowed? I didn't know that. 

Maybe Nintendo should consider an NFL Superbowl game for their console with a side-mode that has Mario and company. 

just gonna leave this here.
http://kotaku.com/5988357/remember-its-not-just-the-nfls-exclusive-license-with-madden-the-players-union-has-one-too

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.