By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the WII U going to outsell the Xone worldwide at least once in 2015

Xone performance 2015

Outselling Wii U each wee... 6 3.57%

Outselling Wii U each wee... 5 2.98%

Outselling Wii U each wee... 47 27.98%

Wii U will beat Xone at l... 61 36.31%

Wii U will beat Xone at least 5 times 32 19.05%

Wii U will beat Xone at least 10 times 17 10.12%

Total:168

Not with their prices being too close together

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:
Very unlikely especially in the holidays. If it going to do it, It has to be before holiday with a combination of price cut plus huge profile game which I don't see one apart from Zelda.

Splatoon might push it more than we think (or bomb). It is a 50/50 with it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X I feel like will really push consoles (especially if it gets bundled in the west like it is in Japan)

Sorry but I don't see that happening, don't see splatoon making that push.  Xenoblade might give a boost but have a hard time believing it will be enough.  You are entitled to disagree though.

Angelv577 said:
Paatar said:

Splatoon might push it more than we think (or bomb). It is a 50/50 with it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X I feel like will really push consoles (especially if it gets bundled in the west like it is in Japan)

Sorry but I don't see that happening, don't see splatoon making that push.  Xenoblade might give a boost but have a hard time believing it will be enough.  You are entitled to disagree though.

Most peopole don't think it will be making a push, but like I said, it might. No one knows until it releases. Same goes for Xenoblade, but that has a higher chance of doing it than Splatoon I think.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:

Most peopole don't think it will be making a push, but like I said, it might. No one knows until it releases. Same goes for Xenoblade, but that has a higher chance of doing it than Splatoon I think.

At least we can agree that xenoblade week has a higher chance of doing it.

Ryng_Tolu said:

The history of console said that by April is a big dropped for all.

Is always happen (withouth the Wii)

Ineed, i expect that by April, the sales will dropped for all console, not only for XBO.

I don't see Mortal Combat to be a sistem seller honestly, The Wicher maybe will help, but just 1 week max 2, and the basis will back around 50,000.

That is what i think, XBO basis will be 50,000... For Batman, even if will released only on PS4/XBO/PC, no way for become a bigger sistem seller than Watch_Dogs.

Hmm, keep in mind the vgc is undertracking USA sales by a fair bit according to NDP. Anyways, we shall see :)

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

The history of console said that by April is a big dropped for all.

Is always happen (withouth the Wii)

Ineed, i expect that by April, the sales will dropped for all console, not only for XBO.

I don't see Mortal Combat to be a sistem seller honestly, The Wicher maybe will help, but just 1 week max 2, and the basis will back around 50,000.

That is what i think, XBO basis will be 50,000... For Batman, even if will released only on PS4/XBO/PC, no way for become a bigger sistem seller than Watch_Dogs.

Hmm, keep in mind the vgc is undertracking USA sales by a fair bit according to NDP. Anyways, we shall see :)

I know, but VGChartz undertracked XBO by a lot even in February/March of last year xD

Usually is what happen: XBO is overtracked in the holidays and in the summer, and is undetracked in first half of the year.

The only chances I now believe will be either a price cut week
or xcx week IF it gets a bundle

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Too many variables. It depends on how well the MCC bundle does, how long MS keeps doing such aggressive bundles, how willing MS is to do even more drastic moves like another price cut to stay ahead of Wii U and competitive with PS4. Also depends on what bundles Nintendo does when, how the advertise certain releases (Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Xenoblade all need a fair bit of good exposure to reach their potential), and when they do their price cut (any time after March (end of their fiscal year) is possible; timing will determine its effect), and how well a $250 Wii U will do (seeing as how Wii U is in the top 60 so far on Amazon yearly simply by finally getting down to $300 on that site indicates a $250 Wii U would do well). Whether all these things happen and when they happen relative to each other will determine this. It's not impossible, but it is equally not certain.

Maybe if XCX released ww in the same week. I'm not really sure actually. There is a good chance that X1 will drop really bad in summer but who knows what MS does to prevent this.

But yeah this is only gonna happen in a combination of an X1 drought and a Wii U release.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hard to tell, if only Wii U gets price cut in the future.