By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thank a Developer

I think we all can agree there's more than enough negativity to go around, so I thought I'd create a thread where we can give our thanks, gratitude, respect for the geniuses who have given us hours, years, decades of happiness and fulfillment.  I'd like the comments in this thread to be sincere, and not snarky back-handed insults in the vague resemblance of a compliment. So please, share some kind words for the artists that have helped make you who you are today. Maybe they've gotten you through some very tough times in your life. Maybe you didn't even know their name before you came into this thread. 

I'll give my thanks to Yoshio Sakamoto. Yoshio is one of the co-creators of my favorite games and my favorite genre in all of gaming: the Metroidvania. He's been working in this industry for decades and I honestly wonder if our words regarding Other M have hurt him in ways many of us don't really consider on these anonymous forums. He took Samus in a bold direction, albeit one that I don't agree with, but one I must respect.  Thanks for your hard work Sakamoto-San. You have left such a tremendous mark on the hearts of gamers across the world, I think sometimes it must be difficult to fill your own shoes. 

Ok...my turn is over.  I look forward to reading and learning about your gaming heroes, be they developers, designers, programmers, musicians, or whomever you feel has had an impact on the entertainment medium we all hold so dear. 

Around the Network

I'll say thanks to Kojima, he's given me one of my favorite franchises of all time.  I know hes getting up there in age and probably doesn't have that many more games left in him, I just hope his studio is able to keep pumping out amazing games without him.

Thanks Sakurai for making SSB such a wonderful game with zomfg music and thanks for making Zero Suit Samus so hawt and not listening to those idiotic feminists

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Thank you, Julie Uhrmann, for creating the best console we've ever had. It revolutionized the industry and started a new golden age for gaming. The amount of awesome games for it is amazing and unbelievable. It truly is a piece of art and the world wouldn't be the same without it. Thank you for the glorious Ouya.

I want to thank the developers at Playtonic Games for trying to bring back 3D platformers. And for their work on games like DKC, DK64, Conker, Banjo and Battletoads.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'll say thanks to Kojima, he's given me one of my favorite franchises of all time.  I know hes getting up there in age and probably doesn't have that many more games left in him, I just hope his studio is able to keep pumping out amazing games without him.

KLXVER said:
I want to thank the developers at Playtonic Games for trying to bring back 3D platformers. And for their work on games like DKC, DK64, Conker, Banjo and Battletoads.

I'll give my thanks to Intelligent Systems, for sticking with storied franchises through decades, thick and thin, despite having every reason not to. Your games are always heartfelt and passionate, and gaming wouldn't be the same without you.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Thanks to Bungie to give me the best game of 2014.

Can't thanks one person only, so I'll thank teams a whole:

Tri-Crescendo - Eternal Sonata and Fragile Dreams are works of art. Never in my life I felt so attached to a game that one of it's soundtrack songs (which they also are excellent at) made me shed a tear. While I haven't finished Baten Kaitos; I can tell your influence in that game. Your artistry and references to music in your games (which by being a music major, I appreciate very much) are beautifully crafted and I hope to see more. Thank You!

Multiple Nintendo teams - Without them, my childhood wouldn't be the same. Countless hours of fun with their works. Can't thank Nintendo enough.

And I can't list every developer that made me a videogame collector and lover, but gaming is a big part of my life. One of my favorite hobbies, thanks to all of them for such amazing experiences.

PS: Hironobu Sakaguchi and Shigeru Miyamoto are DA MEN.

thanks Atlus not just for doing amazing games but for localizing and publishing Demons Souls in the west which not only gave me the possibility to play the game, but it helped the game become a commercial succes which was the reason why the the Soul series started, and thanks to that we now have Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and in 3 weeks Bloodborne!.