By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 beating 3DS in the USA 2015!

Expected?

Yeah 196 70.25%

no 83 29.75%

Total:279
zorg1000 said:
Maybe u should have come up with a more neutral title and OP if u didn't want the type of responses u got.

Perhaps, " USA monthly comparison, PS4 vs 3DS 2015" instead of "PS4 beating 3DS" in the title. And maybe not only giving PS4 credit in the OP. Just some suggestions for future comparison threads.

Appreciate the constructive criticism.  I'm new here so I'm not very knowledgeable on the standard title that should be used.  I probably probably would have done that if it was a bigger comparison and if I wasn't genuinely shocked the ps4 actually won this comparison.  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

Pretty much my point. I don't know where you based your claim on this year being a better year for 3DS.

I never claimed the year as a whole.  I'm saying it's the best ever start to a year it's ever had.  

Alright then. I'm hoping the 3DS can continue to give you a good fight : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:

Sales also momentarily go up. Momentarily.

and 3DS sold more than PS4. End.

Not this year.

Cloudman said:
Kerotan said:

I figure 3DS sold well in Feb due to the new 3DS and the special MM skins, but I don't see how it'll be better for the 3DS from March and onward. It's better for the PS4 because it's getting some more of its killer games. What is riding on the 3DS? I can barely count any heavy games coming on the platform.

March

Codename STEAM

Fossil Fighters: Frontiers

Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Story of Seasons

April

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Etrain Mystery Dungeon

May

Puzzles & Dragons Z+Super Mario Edition

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker

June

Lego Jurassic World

None of them are likely to be big sellers and we don't really know what is lined up beyond Spring of this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:
Maybe u should have come up with a more neutral title and OP if u didn't want the type of responses u got.

Perhaps, " USA monthly comparison, PS4 vs 3DS 2015" instead of "PS4 beating 3DS" in the title. And maybe not only giving PS4 credit in the OP. Just some suggestions for future comparison threads.

Appreciate the constructive criticism.  I'm new here so I'm not very knowledgeable on the standard title that should be used.  I probably probably would have done that if it was a bigger comparison and if I wasn't genuinely shocked the ps4 actually won this comparison.  

I know u didn't mean any harm, but when u only praise one side of the equation, it comes off as damage control for PS4 losing or trying to discredit a 3DS win.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Cloudman said:

I figure 3DS sold well in Feb due to the new 3DS and the special MM skins, but I don't see how it'll be better for the 3DS from March and onward. It's better for the PS4 because it's getting some more of its killer games. What is riding on the 3DS? I can barely count any heavy games coming on the platform.

March

Codename STEAM

Story of Seasons

April

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Etrain Mystery Dungeon

May

June

Lego Jurassic World

None of them are likely to be big sellers and we don't really know what is lined up beyond Spring of this year.

Thanks Zorg : ) I don't think any of these will be system sellers, but a few I am really excited for : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
zorg1000 said:

March

Codename STEAM

Story of Seasons

April

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Etrain Mystery Dungeon

May

June

Lego Jurassic World

Thanks Zorg : ) I don't think any of these will be system sellers, but a few I am really excited for : D

Ya nothing huge in the next few months. I'm really looking forward to Xenoblade since I never had a chance to play it on Wii. Story of Seasons looks like a nice light hearted casual game. I might try getting into Etrain and Devil Survivor, never played those series before.

I really hope Fire Emblem If comes here this year and hopefully Nintendo releases some big guns in the 2nd half of the year.

zorg1000 said:
Cloudman said:

Ya nothing huge in the next few months. I'm really looking forward to Xenoblade since I never had a chance to play it on Wii. Story of Seasons looks like a nice light hearted casual game. I might try getting into Etrain and Devil Survivor, never played those series before.

I really hope Fire Emblem If comes here this year and hopefully Nintendo releases some big guns in the 2nd half of the year.

I would recommend Devil Survivor 2. I'm not buying it mostly because I already have the DS version and don't really like double dipping, as well Xenoblade. If Fire Emblem If comes out in the west this year too, that would be grand : )

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
zorg1000 said:

I would recommend Devil Survivor 2. I'm not buying it mostly because I already have the DS version and don't really like double dipping, as well Xenoblade. If Fire Emblem If comes out in the west this year too, that would be grand : )

I would also love to see a 2D Metroid and Wario Land but I wouldn't count on it.

Cloudman said:
Kerotan said:

I never claimed the year as a whole.  I'm saying it's the best ever start to a year it's ever had.  

Alright then. I'm hoping the 3DS can continue to give you a good fight : )

That would be awesome. Zorg listed a lot of games so it's not going through a drought anytime soon.  Lots of time for other announcements for later in the year and maybe even a price cut.  Nintendo do have options to build on the early momentum.  

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

I know u didn't mean any harm, but when u only praise one side of the equation, it comes off as damage control for PS4 losing or trying to discredit a 3DS win.

I didn't actually feel the need to praise it as I'd said a number of times in other threads including the npd thread that it did excellent.  I repeated that later in this thread but you're right i should have specifically mentioned again in the OP that I do actually consider the 3DS sales to be good. At least everything calmed down eventually lol