By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 beating 3DS in the USA 2015!

Expected?

Yeah 196 70.25%

no 83 29.75%

Total:279
Greenbeans said:
Kerotan said:

I just told you he wanted an explanation for the David vs goliath saying.  I gave it.  What has the vita got to do with that? 

What do iPhones have to do with anything? What do PS3's and DS's have to do with anything? This is a 2015 sales thread. 

And I think the Vita deserves a mention too. It's probably the only thing the Vita deserves. 

Samus brought up apple not me so I'll redirect those concerns to him. 

Leave the vita out of this please.  Read my opening posts.  This is ps4 vs 3ds 2015.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

PS4's success has nothing to do with the 3DS's failure to sell as much as the DS.

PS4 isn't responsible for Nintendo's woes this gen. They didn't slay Nintendo. Smartphones and poor decisions on Nintendo's part "slayed" the 3DS and Wii U.

They did because they went from below to above them.  I'm talking in relation to this comparison.  If you want me to strictly compare home consoles I can make a wii u vs ps4 2015 thread but I did this instead because it's about the 2 best selling consoles. 

And? The reason why the 3DS is incapable of reaching the number of the DS has nothing to do with the success of the PS4.

The xbone is directly affected by the PS4, but not the 3DS.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

They did because they went from below to above them.  I'm talking in relation to this comparison.  If you want me to strictly compare home consoles I can make a wii u vs ps4 2015 thread but I did this instead because it's about the 2 best selling consoles. 

And? The reason why the 3DS is incapable of reaching the number of the DS has nothing to do with the success of the PS4.

The ps4 could of ended up the same with steam.  But it didn't they overcame the obstacles and sold their product.  This thread isn't about making exclusives.  It's about hard facts.  It's saying ps4 is #1 and 3ds is #2. 

For the record both are selling well hence the comparison. 

Kerotan said:
Greenbeans said:

What do iPhones have to do with anything? What do PS3's and DS's have to do with anything? This is a 2015 sales thread. 

And I think the Vita deserves a mention too. It's probably the only thing the Vita deserves. 

Leave the vita out of this please.  Read my opening posts.  This is ps4 vs 3ds 2015.

Leave the Vita out of this? A 2015 thread?

Then I see no reason to talk about the DS and PS4. 

I remember Sony fans whining that you can't compare handhelds and consoles when Sony was losing. Suddenly, you can compare them now? 

This truly confuses me more than the fact the Vita is a failure. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

The ps4 could of ended up the same with steam.  But it didn't they overcame the obstacles and sold their product.  This thread isn't about making exclusives.  It's about hard facts.  It's saying ps4 is #1 and 3ds is #2. 

Yeah, no. If the PS4 launched a year later than the xbone and with a price tag of $600 it would've done PS3 numbers.

The only obstacle Sony had to overcome was their huge ego. Remember E3 2006?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah, no. 

Glad you didn't disagree with the rest.  That's the important and relevant part. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Yeah, no. 

Glad you didn't disagree with the rest.  That's the important and relevant part. 

Read my edit.

Greenbeans said:
Kerotan said:

I remember Sony fans whining that you can't compare handhelds and consoles when Sony was losing. Suddenly, you can compare them now? 

So much wrong with this.  Why are you using a generalising statement of others to describe me?  

And yes leave the vita out please.  Make your own thread of what you want to compare the vita to something.  This however is about the two best selling consoles in the usa.  The 3ds and the ps4. 

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah, no. If the PS4 launched a year later than the xbone and with a price tag of $600 it would've done PS3 numbers.

The only obstacle Sony had to overcome was their huge ego. Remember E3 2006?

All I read are excuses.  This thread is stating a fact.  Ps4 beat the 3ds to become the #1 seller in the us for 2015 so far. 

Kerotan said:
Greenbeans said:

So much wrong with this.  Why are you using a generalising statement of others to describe me?  

And yes leave the vita out please.  Make your own thread of what you want to compare the vita to something.  This however is about the two best selling consoles in the usa.  The 3ds and the ps4. 

Are you trolling? Is this a joke? 

Because I still saw no point in comparing the DS and PS3 if this is a 2015 thread. 

User was moderated for this post (and others) - Conegamer