By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 beating 3DS in the USA 2015!

Expected?

Yeah 196 70.25%

no 83 29.75%

Total:279

Edit #2: many people are saying it's not fair because the 3ds is in its first year. But this is its best year ever in the USA so far.  So this fact makes the achievement by the ps4 unbelievably amazing. 

Normchacho said:
This has spawned a couple of response threads, one of them gave us this little gem of information.

2012: 422,000
2013: 330,000
2014: 249,000
2015: 469,000

3DS sales after the first two months of each year. People going to stop using the "it's in it's 5th year" excuse now?

Edit: This is basically me in this thread.  

3DS

JANUARY: 74k 

February: 395k

PS4

JANUARY 192k

FEBRUARY 352k 

2015 Total 

3DS: 470K 

Ps4: 545k 

If the NPD leaks are true the PS4 deserves massive credit considering the N3DS released.  

Around the Network

both are selling great, good for sony and nintendo. Massive credit for both.

The 3DS is in its fifth year on the market. It's stunning it's still doing so well. Both are.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Well considering that sales of the 3DS would be at their lowest point before the N3DS, I don't see it that impressive. If we had a few more months to compare then we can extrapolate more information.

Are we really not letting go 3DS beating PS4 in Feb? Its only going to happen twice in the entire PS4 life that 3ds is ahead for NPD!

We all Kno Ps4>>>3DS, 3DS hit its peak already :-/

Around the Network

Bet you feel pretty proud of yourself.

Skullwaker said:
The 3DS is in its fourth year on the market. It's stunning it's still doing so well. Both are.

Actually going into its 5th year now. I just think this thread was made to put down 3DS after the news it won NPD (no offense Kerotan)

Edit:  And I mean we all know PS4 is going to be ahead! N3DS is just an upgrade. By years end PS4 will be over 3mil in US and 3DS will be barely hit 2mil

Makes sense considering how much longer the 3ds has been on sale and the n3ds only just launched

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Clyde32 said:
Bet you feel pretty proud of yourself.

No, you don't understand. This is huge. Screw the 3DS winning in February; that means virtually nothing. We have to become these slabs of machinery and plastic, live vicariously through them and assert our dominance over one another. There is no other way.

tbone51 said:
Actually going into its 5th year now. I just think this thread was made to put down 3DS after the news it won NPD (no offense Kerotan)

Edit:  And I mean we all know PS4 is going to be ahead! N3DS is just an upgrade. By years end PS4 will be over 3mil in US and 3DS will be barely hit 2mil

Right. My math was off, lol.