By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II or The Last of Us?

I need a new game and I'm stuck between two, I can only afford one for now. Both are in my amazon account and ready to go I just can't choose, which one will be best?

(I have played Demon Souls and Dark Souls, the soul series is one of my favourites, but I've been dying to play TLOF since it's release)

Edit: Decision has been made, bought The Last of Us!

Around the Network

Dark Souls 2 is ridiculously easy for a Souls game i even noticed that, although that still doesn't mean it's no fun. The Last of Us is like playing a movie and a good one at that.

I'd have to say TLoU and Dark Souls 2 Next, but it is your choice at the end of the day. They are both Solid games and you should have fun with them regardless of hat you get.

Do you have a PS4?

TLoU is NOT like playing a movie. That is even more ridiculous than the Order claims. It has cutscenes but very deep stealth or TPS gameplay with some weight to it. The cinematic parts are in between larger open environments that you can tackle how you like. Personally I think it's one of the greatest games ever so I'd have to recommend that.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
TLoU is NOT like playing a movie. That is even more ridiculous than the Order claims. It has cutscenes but very deep stealth or TPS gameplay with some weight to it. The cinematic parts are in between larger open environments that you can tackle how you like. Personally I think it's one of the greatest games ever so I'd have to recommend that.

I'm Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way? I meant it in a way of getting my attention and captivating me into the whole story. No need to bring up the Order here. Never brought it up and Never would have brought it up as i didn't care enough about the game. Again i'm sorry if you read that the wrong way, but chill out and try to understand what i wrote.

Around the Network

I'd say the last of us since it will be more of a new experience for you, whereas dark souls 2, while still a good game, will be something of a let down since you already played the first and demon's souls.

CrankyFlameBunny said:
Dark Souls 2 is ridiculously easy for a Souls game i even noticed that, although that still doesn't mean it's no fun. The Last of Us is like playing a movie and a good one at that.

I'd have to say TLoU and Dark Souls 2 Next, but it is your choice at the end of the day. They are both Solid games and you should have fun with them regardless of hat you get.

I wouldn't compare TLoU to a movie.  You may not mean it badly but many do say that with negativity (like a certain other game).  I agree about Souls games being fun without ridiculous difficulty.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Do you have a PS4? If so i'd say get TLOU now, and wait for the DS2 remaster (which also includes all the DLC) to release and drop in price. If you do get TLOU, definitely try out the MP once you're done with the story. I'm not much of a multi-player fan, but i had a lot of fun with it (clocked about 40 hours in).

If you don't have a PS4, just flip a coin I'd personally still pick TLOU, but from the sounds of it you can't go wrong with either.

I haven't played Dark Souls 2, but if it's anything like Dark Souls 1, I'll take TLOU

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

CrankyFlameBunny said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I'm Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way? I meant it in a way of getting my attention and captivating me into the whole story. No need to bring up the Order here. Never brought it up and Never would have brought it up as i didn't care enough about the game. Again i'm sorry if you read that the wrong way, but chill out and try to understand what i wrote.

I thought you might not mean it meanly I just didn't want him to get the wrong idea as many have mentioned them in the same vein.  I would have quoted if I was calling you out or something.  Don't ask me to chill.  The last guy that did that I started I started a Civil War with...

I am Iron Man