By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 GB file size for Star Citizen is a possibility.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Wolfenstein : The New Order is a 50GB download.

So 100GB for a game isn't that far-fetched.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Correct on the first part, not so sure about the second
https://www.google.ca/search?q=elite+dangerous+screenshot&biw=1920&bih=1008&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aowBVZbKBsWbyATWtICwCw&ved=0CBwQsAQ

There aren't that many ships yet in ED as well though. And yes the variation in space stations could be greater, planetary landings / atmospheric flight haven't been implemented yet.  At least I can download it :)

Second part is probably informed by my bias, but I do think that the models in Star Citizen are a step ahead in my eyes

Star Citizen is 21GB with about 7 base ships, 3 different hangars and 3 maps. In the next few weeks, another ship will turn up and 2 FPS maps will be added (as well as a lot more character models). Then a few weeks after that a planetary landing zone will show up. Then a few months after that, 5 or so large ships will be added to the game (or redone with a lot more detail) and then it's only going to keep growing!

I can download Star Citizen too!

But there's no need for this thread to become Star Citizen versus Elite Dangerous, especially as they can peacefully co-exist

Munkeh111 said:
SvennoJ said:

Correct on the first part, not so sure about the second
https://www.google.ca/search?q=elite+dangerous+screenshot&biw=1920&bih=1008&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aowBVZbKBsWbyATWtICwCw&ved=0CBwQsAQ

There aren't that many ships yet in ED as well though. And yes the variation in space stations could be greater, planetary landings / atmospheric flight haven't been implemented yet.  At least I can download it :)

Second part is probably informed by my bias, but I do think that the models in Star Citizen are a step ahead in my eyes

Star Citizen is 21GB with about 7 base ships, 3 different hangars and 3 maps. In the next few weeks, another ship will turn up and 2 FPS maps will be added (as well as a lot more character models). Then a few weeks after that a planetary landing zone will show up. Then a few months after that, 5 or so large ships will be added to the game (or redone with a lot more detail) and then it's only going to keep growing!

But there's no need for this thread to become Star Citizen versus Elite Dangerous, especially as they can peacefully co-exist

I backed both, just hope I can still download SC when it's done :)
For now I'm addicted to ED but I can see that winding down. Then No Man's sky, then SC next year. Good times for space sims.

rccsetzer said:

ConsidEring it will have pre-rendered cutscenes with 1080p quality and a gigantic world with much to do.

FFXV isn't within the same scope as SC is though, SC will have ingame cutscenes that look like full on cinematics while FF's will just be cregular 1080p cutscenes.

The FFXV world is also on one plane, SC's on the other hand encompasses both space and planetary exploratio, all of which will be 100x the sizes bigger than XV's world, the game isn't aiming to be just 1080p either, it;s going to support 4k by the end of it and during some modules they're testing.

I just don't see FF being within the same league and size as SC, especially when you look at the PS4's internal storage, most of us on PC would at least have a `tb HDD or external by now, I have a 2tb internal HDD and 1tbh external, hard drive space for my games isn't even a concern for me at the moment but I;d imagine it being one for console owners.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

SvennoJ said:
Munkeh111 said:

I backed both, just hope I can still download SC when it's done :)
For now I'm addicted to ED but I can see that winding down. Then No Man's sky, then SC next year. Good times for space sims.

Cool. I was tempted to back ED, but I'm kind of rather deep into SC already... Too much money spent, I'll give ED another year and see where it goes.

But those 2 and No Man's Sky are definitely a treat for sci-fi fans. And a Star Wars movie as well!