By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179
curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Why not?

Look at their recent history; Tropical Freeze, 3D World, NSMBU; all conservative efforts instead of the ambitious projects gamers wanted.

Thats not really a recent thing. Nintendo have always done things in their own way... I love them, but only Zelda and Mario will be any kind of ambitious from them for a while. XCX might be one though...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

Look at their recent history; Tropical Freeze, 3D World, NSMBU; all conservative efforts instead of the ambitious projects gamers wanted.

Thats not really a recent thing. Nintendo have always done things in their own way... I love them, but only Zelda and Mario will be any kind of ambitious from them for a while. XCX might be one though...

That's the thing, I feel like  HD Metroid would be too ambitious for their current way of doing things.

RavenXtra said:
Probably during this E3.... I hope. Been hooked on Animal Crossing since New Leaf, so I really wanna see what they do with a Wii U version.

If they turn it into a hybrid city builder/life sim I might buy my first AC.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

That's the thing, I feel like  HD Metroid would be too ambitious for their current way of doing things.

So would DKR2. I can live with another Other M like Metroid.

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

DKR2 isn't amibitious at all; a cartoon kart racer on a Nintendo console? That's safe to the point of being superfluous. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

DKR2 isn't amibitious at all; a cartoon kart racer on a Nintendo console? That's safe to the point of being superfluous. 

Correction! A cartoon kart racer thats NOT Mario Kart on a Nintendo console. Sonic Racing Transformed didnt exactly fly off the shelves...

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Correction! A cartoon kart racer thats NOT Mario Kart on a Nintendo console. Sonic Racing Transformed didnt exactly fly off the shelves...

I never said DKR2 would fly off shelves. I actually think making it would be a poor use of their resources, as this niche has already been well and truly filled. But it would fit in with Nintendo's current lack of ambition.

I'd say next year's E3 or a major ND late this year because the AC team have been sorting out Splatoon.

this e3
they always have a big game reveal like e3 2012 pikmin 3
2013 kart and smash
2014 zelda
2015 either metroid or animal crossing

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Who says it's coming?