By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will this Gen peak?

When will the systems peak.

2014 5 4.67%

2015 16 14.95%

2016 48 44.86%

2017 28 26.17%

2018 10 9.35%

Total:107
Anfebious said:

Your poll looks like a dick.

Edit: Not anymore

Only to a filthy mind.

Around the Network

The individual consoles won't peak in the same year.

Materia-Blade said:

The individual consoles won't peak in the same year.

What do you think will the individual peak, add a overall peak aswell (home consoles)

My overall peak year is 2016 although I think 2017 will be very close, individually its 2015 (wii U),  2016(X1), 2017 (PS4) 

I think xbox one will be 300 by Xmas and I think the ps4 will stay the Sam price but be bundled with a game maybe two so I think this year will be its peak. Also this gen will be for five years at max for xbox one, I also think the new Nintendo console will launch on the Sam year

old skool

We are a long way from any peak. Most developers still makes crossgen games,which means those that still sit with their old systems,don't have a good enough reason to migrate to this gen yet.

Around the Network

I think next year. WiiU will probably peak this year, since it has many great games incoming and it released a year earlier.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

I'm go with this year.
The best sistem seller (expecially for XBO) will released this year, and this generation, the first's year is more bigger than in the other generation.

By then developers will have a very good grasp on the PS4 tech and will have already released at least 1 game on the system , making for an amazing second game.

Ryng_Tolu said:
I'm go with this year.
The best sistem seller (expecially for XBO) will released this year, and this generation, the first's year is more bigger than in the other generation.

Yeah I doubt mcirosoft can top Halo 5 in terms of a system seller but I can quite easily see people being persuaed once Gears and Halo are both out. Where thrid party is concerned 2016 is most likely to be a bigger year then 2015

2016 or 2017 will be PS4's peak. Depends when Sony blows their load so to speak with so many first party developers working on PS4 titles that don't have release dates yet.