By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ive been a Tartz here for 7 years.

What did Nintendo's "doom" feel like back in 2008? I assume it feels different than the doom they have now or the kind they had in the 90s.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
What did Nintendo's "doom" feel like back in 2008? I assume it feels different than the doom they have now or the kind they had in the 90s.

Um..... The Wii had the best year in sales in 08 in the history of consoles and the DS was selling like 3-4 times more than the 3DS is now. So not much doom, only think close were people predicting when the "fad" would end. The correct guess would have been 2010.....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Dulfite said:

Um..... The Wii had the best year in sales in 08 in the history of consoles and the DS was selling like 3-4 times more than the 3DS is now. So not much doom, only think close were people predicting when the "fad" would end. The correct guess would have been 2010.....

LOL. You didn't catch my tone of voice I guess. Every year since the 80's different media outlets, gamers, and other business "experts" predict the fall of Nintendo. I said 2008 because that was 7 years ago and I was curious if the "doom" everone did back then was anything like it is now. Nintendo will always be "doomed" in many people's eyes, ignorantly. They are the one gaming company that has profited billions of dollars over the last 35 years and they aren't going anywhere.

Oh wow, megaman!
I haven't seen you since....2009? 2010?

I'll be 6 years old on this site this month. I still play videogames but not as much.