By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shouldn't the PS3 be soon getting a price cut? Will it matter?

It's been a while since the last PS3 price cut, when do you think the next cut will come?

Whether it matters at this point is the big question, will it make a difference at most regions?

Probably won't make a big boost in Japan/Europe/North America, but the rest of the world (the more poor countries) will probably see a little boost.

Around the Network

It certainly won't cause a big boost in sales, but people like me would consider getting a brand new PS3 instead of a second hand one..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It will make a difference with me because I've been wanting one for a while now, but no way I'm paying more than 100 euros...

Depend if they plan to do a price cut for ps4 too

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I dont think it will ever get a price cut again. It uses oudated architecture and sony sure wont put any money into research to shrink the cell nm further down.
The ps3 really doesnt need it anyways, it has tons of games not avaible for next gen consoles and pc, free online, its region free, plays blue ray and plays all ps1 games.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

It's been a while since the last PS3 price cut, when do you think the next cut will come?

Whether it matters at this point is the big question, will it make a difference at most regions?

Probably won't make a big boost in Japan/Europe/North America, but the rest of the world (the more poor countries) will probably see a little boost.

could be especially for tier 2/ tier 3 gaming markets like in South East Asia.  especially with a lot of games out there.  it could.... 

They might do one but I think they would rather want people to get a ps4 instead of making the ps3 look more appealing

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't think it really matters too much at this point. It's being phased out. What's it have another 1-2 years tops? I'll still keep mine til the end, hooked up alongside my PS4.

It would deffinitely extend the legs of the console, so I hope it gets at least one more price cut before the discontinue it.

I'm surprised they didn't come up with a final super slim to sell the last 10 million. I've an old fat but I want to buy a new slim to replace it. I know an 8 year old ps3 won't live much longer especially the amount of hours I use it but a brand new slim would probably never break. I'm waiting for a price cut before I do.