By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Please Convince Me The Earth Is Moving And Not At The Center Of The Universe

cant be bothered reading that all buy has op explained sunrise and sunset yet?

Around the Network

I can't wait for your "The earth is flat" thread.

Signature goes here!

OoSnap said:
What does the Bible say?

Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..."

Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

"Then spake Joshua.... Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies.... So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." (Joshua 10:12,13) If God stopped the Earth from rotating there would be huge tsunamis.

In the Biblical Creation there was no sun for the earth to go around until the fourth day! (Genesis 1:14-19)

Genesis 15:12...... "...and when the sun was going down..."

Job 26:7.... "...He hangeth the earth upon nothing...."

Isaiah 40:22 "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

Matthew 5:45.... "...for He maketh His sun to rise...."

Over 60 scriptures that reads the Sun rises or goes down.

I am a Christian. You're interpretting things the way you want to, and they are wrong. Everyone still calls it "sunset" and "sunrise" even though (nearly) everyone knows that the Earth rotates around the sun, and not the other way around. We say that because from our perspective it looks that way, not because that's what is actually happening. Your first Psalms references aren't even literally saying that the Earth is unmoving.

Psalms 96:7-10

7 Give to the LORD, you families of nations,

give to the LORD glory and might;

8 give to the LORD the glory due his name!

Bring gifts and enter his courts;

9 bow down to the LORD, splendid in holiness.

Tremble before him, all the earth;

10 declare among the nations: The LORD is king.

The world will surely stand fast, never to be shaken.

He rules the peoples with fairness

Stop taking the Bible versus out of context to try to "prove" your point.

I'm not really sure about the words used to respond to this.  But I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Blob said:
cant be bothered reading that all buy has op explained sunrise and sunset yet?

The Geocentric model explains sunrise and sunset. The Sun revolves around the Earth just as it appears.

Around the Network

I also don't find problems in measurement and calculations as impediments in supporting my claims. Honestly I'd much rather not do them at all. Instead, I've built my world views upon principles that appeal to me intellectually.

And Galileo was wrong!!1!!

.- -... -.-. -..

IFireflyl said:
OoSnap said:
What does the Bible say?

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

"Then spake Joshua.... Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies.... So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." (Joshua 10:12,13) If God stopped the Earth from rotating there would be huge tsunamis.

In the Biblical Creation there was no sun for the earth to go around until the fourth day! (Genesis 1:14-19)

Isaiah 40:22 "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

I am a Christian. You're interpretting things the way you want to, and they are wrong. Everyone still calls it "sunset" and "sunrise" even though (nearly) everyone knows that the Earth rotates around the sun, and not the other way around. We say that because from our perspective it looks that way, not because that's what is actually happening. Your first Psalms references aren't even literally saying that the Earth is unmoving.

How do you explain Joshua's long day? Do you actually believe God stopped the spinning of the Earth which would cause tidal waves and tsunamis?

TL;DR, I'm interested in reading what you have to say but I don't feel like reading a research paper worth of material. So I'll just tag this for a read later.

OoSnap said:
IFireflyl said:
OoSnap said:
What does the Bible say?

How do you explain Joshua's long day? Do you actually believe God stopped the spinning of the Earth which would cause tidal waves and tsunamis?

God can do anything He wants. He could have stopped the Earth from spinning, and done so without harming the Earth. As a believer you should know that he has the power to do this. He could have also moved the entire universe to match the Earth. He could have also frozen time for the Earth. We can't know how He does what He does, but only that He does them. You can't believe in an entity with unlimited power, and then refuse to believe that He has the power to do something that you perceive to be impossible.

OoSnap said:

i'm obviously not going to change you mind any more than you're going to change mine so i'll just ask this...

how is it that you went to a store a spent some of your hard earned money on the faith that the object you purchased would allow you pound some keys that creates a complex encrpytion of 1s and 0s that is sent long distances via tight control of electron's movements in wire to be interpretted but another device and tranlated into a grid of light displaying the original though you had in your head when the scientits and engineers that created all this amazing technology don't understand the simplests of ideas like..  earth rotation.

speaking of amazing feats of science and technology,.. here is some video of earth taken from the internation space station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG90YYHCSeA