By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band 4 not coming to Wii U because "the audience is not there"

Kerotan said:
oniyide said:

for teh life of me i dont know why people insist on bringing in old consoles as some form of evidence, every gen is different. Because it was successful on Wii doesnt mean crap for Wii U. I mean really?! WiiU is on track to sell 1/5 of what Wii did. Hell COD is doing better on PS4 than One despite MS still having early DLC and exclusive ads

Yeah because ps4 is almost double X1. How the hell could cod not do better on ps4. 

You just proved my point even more.  Rockband had a much better attach rate on ps3 vs the Wii so now that the ps4 is dominating the Wii U it's a no brainer that it would sell the best on ps4 with Xbox the next best platform.  Harmonix clearly agree with my line of thinking. 

I was agreeing with you. I was just pointing out how silly some other people were being.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

Yeah, except Harmonix doesn't develop the music. ;)

So what they don't develop the music, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

How can you be the best music game developer if you don't even make your own god damn music?

Games like these are basically one gigantic quick time event.

oniyide said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah because ps4 is almost double X1. How the hell could cod not do better on ps4. 

You just proved my point even more.  Rockband had a much better attach rate on ps3 vs the Wii so now that the ps4 is dominating the Wii U it's a no brainer that it would sell the best on ps4 with Xbox the next best platform.  Harmonix clearly agree with my line of thinking. 

I was agreeing with you. I was just pointing out how silly some other people were being.

I was wondering lol. I thought you were disagreeing and ignoring my points as if they meant the opposite.  Happened a few times already so forgive me for the misunderstanding!! 

Samus Aran said:
mZuzek said:

So what they don't develop the music, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

How can you be the best music game developer if you don't even make your own god damn music?

Don't forget your coat on the way out...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Torillian said:
The video for the announcement showed the development team talking about a survey of what platforms fans of the series own or want the newest game on and I guess WiiU just didn't show enough interest. Would be curious to know what the cutoff point is before they figure it isn't worth the development time and money, but at least they put out a survey and they don't seem to just be basing this on how they think the market is established.

That's interesting.  I wonder how they put out the survey.  I would want to know how they think they got representative examples of each population.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Considering the Wii U would allow you to use the instruments from the Wii this seems like a big mistake.
I would get the game for this reason but won't buy the instruments for PS4. Bring this game to Wii U!!!!

Samus Aran said:
mZuzek said:

I see you're not familiar with what is actually involved in performing music.

Next you'll be complaining that racing games like Mario Kart are basically just going around in circles...

DialgaMarine said:
Skullwaker said:
But I thought the Wii U was a casual console.

I'm not entirely sure if RB is really a casual game. Yeah, it's very accessible to just about anyone, but if you want to go beyond that, it gets harder than F*CK! In a sense, the same can be said about any video game with a difficulty setting. Rock Band is one of those games that is unbelieveably hard and takes years to master.

OT: I think they just don't want to outright say it; Third Parties just don't care about the Wii-U, because they don't see it as a worthy investment in the long run like they did with previous Nintendo consoles. To be fair, based off what has been successful on the Wii-U so far, they're really not wrong. Why invest money into something, when they're gonna get little to nothing (possibly even lose some) in return? Especially in this case; it's not like they can just do a simple port. They have to create an entire set of instruments for the console. That's gonna cost a pretty penny.

No, due to backwards compatability the Wii U is the only current gen console where the instruments will cross straight over. New instruments won't be needed for anyone with either GH of RB from the Wii (which is a lot of people). That's going to be the biggest hurdle for people thinking of buying the game on XBone / PS4. That's why this game really should have seen a Wii U release....

tripenfall said:

No, due to backwards compatability the Wii U is the only current gen console where the instruments will cross straight over. New instruments won't be needed for anyone with either GH of RB from the Wii (which is a lot of people). That's going to be the biggest hurdle for people thinking of buying the game on XBone / PS4. That's why this game really should have seen a Wii U release....

This is all the more reason the Wii U version is a lower priority though.

You CAN'T play Rock Band in any form on PS4 or XB1.

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

No, you're right. I'm sorry. It'd obviously be a lot more fun to buy a game where you play a bunch of random songs made by some composer at Harmonix instead of rocking out to our favorite songs from awesome artists of the last 6 decades.

Yeah, the game is fun to some because of those artists, not because of Harmonix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN4X7x4w65Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhIUlNCqleQ

This is the kind of stuff the best music game developers in the industry make.

And there's loads of good rythym games out there as well, but I'm not personally into that genre.