By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I missed out on most of last gen, fill me in!

oh yeah. SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT IF YOU DIDNT GET IT ON PS1!!!

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
Nem said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Gameplay looks fine to me, graphics are great, has good reviews. Why not?

I bought it for 10€ and felt cheated out of my money.

Its a corridor game, the story is non-sensical, the charaters one dimensional, the combat requires one button. It was the first game i ever fell asleep while playing due to how bored i was... and i love Jrpg's.

I say spare yourself the agony, but if you must try it to believe it go for it. I would say Lightingreturns is the only tolerable one. But after XIII i onlyplayed the demos of the sequals.

This sums up my feelings about it pretty well actually. The plot, or lack there of, was terrible as well as the goal of the game. What story there is really hard to understand, with a lot of made up words and is non-sencicle. Also, there are a lot of journal logs you can read to find out more about the story, but is a poor way to tell a story in a game.

The characters are terrible and very uninteresting, ranging from very bland to outright obnoxious and strange. (Only Sahz was likable and relatable to me). The gameplay is very boring as well, requiring little effort from the player, aside from role switching. And it`s just overall very poor... The only saving grace about the game is the music, which is excellent! But the rest, just dreadful, coming from Square of all companies.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dragons dogma also. mass effect trilogy, i said i wouldnt post any more but these are games you cant miss out on lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Platina said:
Cloudman said:

I realized Symphonia 2 is not well liked by most of the fans, but I did. Yes, Emil is so annoying and such a whiny crybaby, but I really liked the relationship between Emil and Marta. It was really cute to watch : ) And the voice acting was really good, especially the cat! xD It was a nice small title. It makes me sad most people don`t like it...

Ugh, the relationship between Emil and Marta was so cringeworthy to me...

VA was mediocre, story was terrible and predictable, characters were bland, no skippable cutscenes, original characters don't level, but the battle system was amazing! Other than [some of] the music, I think that the battle system was the only redeeming feature in this game :P

Hahaha! I can totally see that! I think I`m just a sucker for cutesy relationships with characters in storys (Marta is just soo easy in the game. She serves herself to this kid on a silver platter )

VA was better then how I feel about English VA ingeneral with JRPGs, haha... though they did get rid of Robin`s voice for Lloyd in the 2nd. I do agree that the saving grace of the game was Tale`s battle system. It`s so great ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Red Dead Redemption
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Dark Souls

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:

So in the 7th gen, I mostly gamed on my Wii and DS. I have had a X360 for many years, but never really played it because it was my sister's.

Well I'm going to start playing it once again, but I need some game recommendations!

The only games that were mine were Sonic Unleashed and Generations, and I plan to pick up FFXIII, Skyrim, Resi 5, and Halo 1 Anniversary soon.

Fill me in with the goods!

(Please try to limit the number of shooters, not really my favorite genre.)

I recommend my whole PS3 Library.

Even if you don't like FPS, these are the best CODs of all time. Omit NBA 2K13 if Basketball isn't your thing. Most of these games are on the X360 anyway.

Games that I have but not shown here: CoD:MW 1, Borderlands: GOTY Edition, Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and Devil May Cry 4.

A shame you don't got the PS3 budd...  Valkyria Chronicles is my favorite PS3 game and a gem from the 7TH Gen.

There were video games, video game consoles, a couple of wars in the middle east, and Amy Winehouse died.

Here are a few Playstation 3 gems that you need to get your hands on.

1- BLUR.....
2- Uncharted 3 Multiplayer....
3- 3D Dot Game Heroes.....
4- Metal Gear Solid 4.....
5- DmC.....
6- ENSLAVED.....
7- God Of War 3.....
8- Sonic Generations.......
9- The Last Of Us...
10- OUTLAND...

Make it your business to play these 10 games,

Two words:

DARK. SOULS.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ExplodingBlock said:
Cloudman said:
I`ll just start off with don`t play FFXIII. Save yourself the trouble. Why would you want to play that game... x_x

Gameplay looks fine to me, graphics are great, has good reviews. Why not?

Ignore that advice and play FFXIII for yourself. c: