By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How would you rate Nintendo's Indie Approach?

Rate Ninty's Indie Approach

1 3 3.95%

2 1 1.32%

3 4 5.26%

4 0 0%

5 5 6.58%

6 3 3.95%

7 13 17.11%

8 20 26.32%

9 15 19.74%

10 12 15.79%

Total:76

You folks are jaded, with offerings like Meme Run and The Letter how can you not score them 11 out of 10 ...

Seriously though I'm happy with their Indie offerings Unepic was fun and I have a group of friends that whenever they come over want to play Sports Ball. I scored them 8 of 10.

Around the Network
SjOne said:
super_etecoon said:

Really?  I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness...but a zero for a pretty minor detail like that?  I'm glad you weren't in charge of reviewing my English papers in high school.  This is as bad as people giving The Order a 4 for too many QTEs, and not considering all the other redeeming qualities like graphics and story.  As a matter of fact, that would be better...at least they gave it a 4.

That's not minor. If my console breaks all those indies would be gone. Losing everything is nothing to make light of. How this compares to The Order is negligible, but I'd rather have Nintenfo fix this issue to give greater value to their digital content 

I'm pretty sure everything would be transferred to a new console.  At the very worst you would just have to send the console in to Nintendo.  Case in point is all the data that I transferred from my original Wii to my WiiU.  And regarding my analogy...it applies perfectly.  You are rating an entire product, not just an aspect of it.  You are looking at how Nintendo works with their partners, how the games are marketed, the value of the games themselves, as well as the infrastructure that Nintendo provides its customers. You are taking all credit away from the company for failing in one of those categories.  That hardly seems justified...which has been the compaint that many people have been making regardign the reviews of The Order, so it ties in perfectly actually.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 I guess. It has improved a lot lately but it still have room for further improvement

The_Yoda said:
You folks are jaded, with offerings like Meme Run and The Letter how can you not score them 11 out of 10 ...

Seriously though I'm happy with their Indie offerings Unepic was fun and I have a group of friends that whenever they come over want to play Sports Ball. I scored them 8 of 10.

Meme Run is no longer on the e-shop so they lose a few points because of that ;)

Ninja~Monkey said:

I'd give it a 7.5/10 I guess. It has improved a lot lately but it still have room for further improvement

The_Yoda said:

Meme Run is no longer on the e-shop so they lose a few points because of that ;)

No big loss, I did buy The Letter just to see how terrible it was (not as bad as I expected, although I expected absolutely wretched) but I watched a trailer for Meme Run and started looking for a gun to put in my mouth after about 35 seconds.  That said I'd rather Indies have the environmet they have than for Nintendo to be super restrictive in what they let make it to the eShop.

Keegs79 said:
Compared to the spotlight Sony and Microsoft, it isn't that great. Nintendo always has one ever now and then but is a major title such as Shovel Knight but Sony and Microsoft has countless titles and they are great and they are a focus. They are not at Nintendo and Nintendo makes it a burden to get indies through approval and certification.

I give it a 5 and I am being generous.

what? You can release your game in two weeks or so

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Ninja~Monkey said:

The_Yoda said:

No big loss, I did buy The Letter just to see how terrible it was (not as bad as I expected, although I expected absolutely wretched) but I watched a trailer for Meme Run and started looking for a gun to put in my mouth after about 35 seconds.  That said I'd rather Indies have the environmet they have than for Nintendo to be super restrictive in what they let make it to the eShop.

And here I thought you liked Meme Run =p
Anyway I do agree with you about Meme Run, I kind of felt the same way xD
As far as The Letter goes I'm not sure about that one. I've heard some bad stuff about it but then again it was super cheap so no real big loss there.

I agree with you on the last point pretty much