By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How would you rate Nintendo's Indie Approach?

Rate Ninty's Indie Approach

1 3 3.95%

2 1 1.32%

3 4 5.26%

4 0 0%

5 5 6.58%

6 3 3.95%

7 13 17.11%

8 20 26.32%

9 15 19.74%

10 12 15.79%

Total:76

So far? They made a lot of steps forward but still is around 6.5/10 for me.

The future is looking bright though..!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I say a solid 7/10, Indie games is something Nintendo actually seems to be getting right.

The WiiU indies have given me so much amazing quality game time at an affordable price. I may have graded them too high in the poll, but I think it's justified.

Two people have voted the lowest option?  Really?  Can you give us all an example why?

I'll give it a 0 because digital content is still tied to hardware instead of universal accounts

I'll give them a 7, mostly because the 3DS can't run unity. I did hear a while back ago that a new 3DS exclusive game(spongebob I think) might be running on unity tho.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

As I've said before, just for home consoles (not including PC), if I never get a PS4 I will probably still be okay, considering between first party published retail titles, and the growing wealthy of indie games on Wii U, I'm good.

I might still get a PS4 someday. Just saying.

Anyway, I gave them a 6. They've been making great strides with their policies, so they're doing great on that front in spite of a couple of hiccups like with Binding of Isaac. They have a few big problems though. First of all, the Wii U's small userbase. Sure, it's as bad for Nintendo as it is for indies, but it's hurting the Wii U's ability to be a strong platform for indies. Nintendo's platform that does have a large userbase, the 3DS, doesn't support Unity. Again, not helping. The Wii U and 3DS are very different to program for so cross-platform support isn't as easy as it should be, and Nintendo doesn't have a simple way to implement cross-buy, a feature that some indies (and recently Nintendo themselves) do want to use.

They're doing well and getting better. Some of their problems are a bit unsolvable for the immediate future, but their next line of hardware could be a really, really great place for indies.

Compared to the spotlight Sony and Microsoft, it isn't that great. Nintendo always has one ever now and then but is a major title such as Shovel Knight but Sony and Microsoft has countless titles and they are great and they are a focus. They are not at Nintendo and Nintendo makes it a burden to get indies through approval and certification.

I give it a 5 and I am being generous.

SjOne said:
I'll give it a 0 because digital content is still tied to hardware instead of universal accounts

Really?  I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness...but a zero for a pretty minor detail like that?  I'm glad you weren't in charge of reviewing my English papers in high school.  This is as bad as people giving The Order a 4 for too many QTEs, and not considering all the other redeeming qualities like graphics and story.  As a matter of fact, that would be better...at least they gave it a 4.

super_etecoon said:
SjOne said:

Really?  I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness...but a zero for a pretty minor detail like that?  I'm glad you weren't in charge of reviewing my English papers in high school.  This is as bad as people giving The Order a 4 for too many QTEs, and not considering all the other redeeming qualities like graphics and story.  As a matter of fact, that would be better...at least they gave it a 4.

That's not minor. If my console breaks all those indies would be gone. Losing everything is nothing to make light of. How this compares to The Order is negligible, but I'd rather have Nintenfo fix this issue to give greater value to their digital content