By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Source 2 officially announced :O

Zkuq said:
Kerotan said:
Zkuq said:
Kerotan said:

So do you think it will be pc only or will consoles get a port?  Maybe it will get a year old port or an orange box part 2. 

Well, Valve has recently had pretty much history of releasing their games on consoles too, so I imagine Half-Life 3 too will get released on consoles. Of course there's games like Dota 2 that didn't get console versions but the reasons should be obvious. Half-Life 3 ought to fit on consoles very well.

Yes you make a good point.  Do you think they will push steam machines as a ps4/X1 rival or do you reckon they don't see them competing.  

Obviously console versions will be a big money spinner but Valve ain't exactly desperate for money!  

I haven't really thought about that too much. If I had to make a quick guess, I'd probably say Valve isn't trying to compete with consoles because it's ridiculously hard and especially with what's essentially a PC. Instead, I think Valve is trying to compete with Windows on the gaming front. They're trying to create a more stable ecosystem they can control all alone, and the direction Windows and consoles are taking must be worrying them. Being reliant on Windows is no good for Valve.

I wish them the best.  The pc market is better off without a monopoly.  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

I wish them the best.  The pc market is better off without a monopoly.  

Same with the consoles really, everyone should get to play the games they want on their platform of choice!.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zumnupy10 said:
thatguymarco said:

What? You mean the engine? Because it's being used to develop a lot of PS4/X1/PC games right now.

I really can't remember now any game being made with UE4.   

Kingdom Hearts 3, Batman: Arkham Knight, and another game I don't remember the name of are using it right now, I'm sure there's plenty more, I'm just not aware of them.

I'm now filled with determination.

Kerotan said:
For the record im asking if half life 3 is likely to get a console release the way the orange box came to ps3. No need for tantrums to be thrown a simple maturely worded reply will suffice.

Half-Life 2 came out in 2004. The Orange Box came out in 2007. And since Half-Life 3 will never come out, then a console port will never ever come out.

@OP:
Great news! Now it could be time for Valve to make Half-Life 3 and get the most out of it about sales, image return and to show the new graphics, physics and other features. With all that's cooking at Valve, I'm not surprised MS suddenly woke up about PC gaming. But it's too late, thanks to Android, OpenGl has already become the most widespread graphics library, and Valve will be its Trojan Horse to become strong again on PC too. Devs not paid to stay MS-exclusive will start finding a lot more attractive cross-platform APIs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Kerotan said:
For the record im asking if half life 3 is likely to get a console release the way the orange box came to ps3. No need for tantrums to be thrown a simple maturely worded reply will suffice.

Half-Life 2 came out in 2004. The Orange Box came out in 2007. And since Half-Life 3 will never come out, then a console port will never ever come out.

So doing the math the console release is in infinity + 3 years.