By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Screenshot Thread: Now You're Posting With Power!

Trine 2

Zen Pinball 2

Around the Network

Recently I've been playing Shantae and The Swapper. Both are very fun games so far!

The Swapper's clay art design is stunning. Perfectly fits the atmosphere and setting.

Those pinball boards actually look pretty good o.o

sc94597 said:

More Metroid Prime 3 // Dolphin Emulator 

Looks better than most PS3 games LOL.

Can you post Planet Phaaze and Valhalla?

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

More Metroid Prime 3 // Dolphin Emulator 

Looks better than most PS3 games LOL.

Can you post Planet Phaaze and Valhalla?

Yeah I think it wouldn't look out of place as a low/midtier ps360 title in many ways. Comparable to the resistance games in my opinion. I will post some more screens from different locations first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

This picture looks like a drawing.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

I thought so too. The texture work is definitely impressive in MP3.

sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:

It's amazing what a small GPU overclock and a little more RAM can do

MohammadBadir said:
sc94597 said:

It's amazing what a small GPU overclock and a little more RAM can do

Hey, I remember way back in the early 7th generation days many tech-minded people said that the Wii should be able to run many of the effects found in PS360 games just at lower resolutions and consequently lower texture quality. It seems to me though that Nintendo games always had high quality textures even if the resolutions didn't support them. Likely that is why their games are credited for their great art-directions, beause the artist is able to realize the art in higher resolutions and while information is lossed when it is outputed at lowe resolutions, it still looks good. We notice a similar thing with NDS games, where their textures are almost early 6th generation level quality, but you never noticed because the resolution of the DS was absymal. 

Some more Metroid Prime 3 in Dolphin: