By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (PS4) Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster coming May 12

NewGuy said:
Hynad said:

You can't play those games on anything other than on Playstation. It is then exclusive to Playstation. That's not a "VERY broad definition" of exclusivity.

You can play on different systems, so by definition it's not exclusive. 

I guess you can say it's exclusive to the Playstation Family (TM).

That's what he said.  It can only be played on playstation.  

Around the Network

Have not played FF X in almost 15 years. I guess I will give this a roll. Been playing FF Tactics on IPad on my trip and am having a blast. Never played X-2, actually I have never played a mainline FF direct spinoff, is it worth playing?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Mystro-Sama said:
Should I get it for Vita or remote play the PS4 version?...

Personally am getting both... i'm a little strange.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Should I get it for Vita or remote play the PS4 version?...

That's... Kind of a waste.

Mystro-Sama said:
dharh said:

That's... Kind of a waste.

I've played X multiple times. When the remaster droped on the Vita I picked i up immediately and went to town. The PS4 version is going to look even better, not the primary reason to play it, but not a bad reason either imo. So when the PS4 drops im going to play that one too on my new HDTV.

I'm also a Final Fantasy Finatic, one of the only things I _must_ have all versions of and so far I believe I am only missing some of the weird FF4 variants.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

what is the difference between FF X/X-2 HD on PS3 against PS4? anyone big difference?

gabzjmm23 said:
what is the difference between FF X/X-2 HD on PS3 against PS4? anyone big difference?

Don't think its a _huge_ difference, but from the few screens i've seen it is something like the difference between PS3 The Last of Us and the PS4 The Last of Us.

dharh said:
gabzjmm23 said:

Don't think its a _huge_ difference, but from the few screens i've seen it is something like the difference between PS3 The Last of Us and the PS4 The Last of Us.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the PS2 and PS3 version? I did not really pay attention to it when it came out.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
dharh said:

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the PS2 and PS3 version? I did not really pay attention to it when it came out.

Better graphics, better character models, lighting, shadows, even the pre-rendered movies are better. The Remasters are also the Internation version never released in NA and PAL regions, which have a new Sphere Grid and extra bosses. X-2 gets more sphere dresses, a creature creator system, fiend arena, and an extra dungeon.

dharh said:
bigjon said:

Better graphics, better character models, lighting, shadows, even the pre-rendered movies are better. The Remasters are also the Internation version never released in NA and PAL regions, which have a new Sphere Grid and extra bosses. X-2 gets more sphere dresses, a creature creator system, fiend arena, and an extra dungeon.

Also, for better or worse, the soundtrack has been remade.

I'll probably end up getting the PS4 version now that I know you can tranfer your saves. Still need to do all the optional stuff. Also hoping FFXII would get remastered.