By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

Seriously though, what the hell is up with Amazon and Ass Creed Xbox One Bundle. This bundle needs to die. Like 'kill it with fire' die

Around the Network
bigjon said:
I think we all underestimated FF Type-0. I think a lot of FF fans might be upgrading knowing that FFV is not too far off and Type-0 is wetting their appetite. Curious to see how this does in Japan, it had already been released there, for the U.S. this is our 1st go at it.

If COMG is any indication: not good.

binary solo said:
Aura7541 said:

This will also affect FFXV sales since Type-0 contains the demo for the former. Because significantly more people are getting the PS4 version, a lot more PS4 owners will be checking out the demo than X1 gamers. Consequently, the PS4 version of FFXV will have better word of mouth.

Or worse if the demo turns out to be crap.

View on YouTube

Wiggy said:
xmositox said:
Xb1 users tend to be more 1st person shooter fans. 3rd person/RPGs/ will always go toward ps4

Yeah i know, but its not like 1st person shooters flop on playstation. I'm just surprised the difference is THAT big, ones a hit the others a bomb (at least on amazon). 

For reference, its not jus an Amazon thing.

Check out the Preorders at BestBuy:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?browsedCategory=abcat0700000&qp=upcomingnew_facet%3DUpcoming~Pre-Order+Now&ks=960&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuidsaas&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All+Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&cp=1&nrp=15&seeAll=&st=categoryid%24abcat0700000&lid=Products%3a%20All%20New%20Releases&lid=Products%3a%20All%20PreOrders

Wiggy said:
xmositox said:
Xb1 users tend to be more 1st person shooter fans. 3rd person/RPGs/ will always go toward ps4

Yeah i know, but its not like 1st person shooters flop on playstation. I'm just surprised the difference is THAT big, ones a hit the others a bomb (at least on amazon). 

To understand that you need to first look at HW numbers.By doing that,you'll notice that:

- Ps4 has worldwide appeal,which means every type of game will sell well on this machine.

- Xone has USA appeal,which means that only genres that are big in USA will sell well on this machine(FPS,wRPG and USA sports,etc...)

That is why FPS sells well on both Xone and PS4,yet jRPG sell well on PS4 and not on Xone.Also,Playstation brand has a pretty big history with jRPGs

PS1,PS2 and PS3 were basically the houses of jRPGs in their respective generations.So if you like jRPGs,chance are,you have a PS4(or plan to get one) and there is where you will buy the games.

Around the Network

There is something weird happening with CODENAME Steam. It´s on the first page of the gamestop´s best sellers and has been in the first pages for the whole month, but it´s nowhere to be seen on the amazon´s best seller list.

And now the Amiibo Mario Party 10 bundle has re-entered the top 100. So now it has two SKUs and the main one is climbing, currently at 35. The Wii U has been hovering in the mid 40s most of the day, so that's good. Will be interesting to see if Mario Party brings a significant boost on Amazon at launch.

Xenoblade hanging in the top 100. Can it go the distance?!

Tagging

Movers and Shakers list is interesting.

FF Type 0 HD being up 50% means it moved from 12 to 8.

BF Hardline in the 80s- 160s. Favoring XB1.

PS4 DS4 ($460) bundle at 273.

MP10 bundle up 5715% to 99.

Wow Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors are both nearly breaking into the top 100. That's pretty impressive given one is quite old and still $40 on Amazon and the other is a more niche genre.