By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite game soundtrack?

disolitude said:
Man, from the games listed here I'm assuming the site's average age is 14... Very few games listed that aren't current or last gen....

I'll go with Streets of Rage 2

Well, not necessarily. I grew tired of midis. 

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

What's wrong with midis ....
i forgot to put it ... but Megaman's 2 and 3 have one of the best soundtracks ever, there's also Metroid and Zelda, geat soundtracks that don't have maybe the super mega ultra sorround that current games have ... but they are better than most games's music right now IMO.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Fifa 08 and 08
Halo series
Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Shadow of the Colossus

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Tavin said:
i forgot to put it ... but Megaman's 2 and 3 have one of the best soundtracks ever, there's also Metroid and Zelda, geat soundtracks that don't have maybe the super mega ultra sorround that current games have ... but they are better than most games's music right now IMO.

Not that there's anything wrong with midis, but it's just that I grew tired of them. I left them back in my childhood days and grew to like better amplified music. 

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

This is also pretty badass

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

I would have to go with Super Smash Bros Brawl, with over 280 songs it easily has an advantage over others games when it comes to music tracks.

my favorites are:

Command & Conquer 95

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Freedom Fighters

Medal of Honor: Frontline

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Battlefield Vietnam, no question at all.

SMG and Halo. Unfortunately, SSBB has not been released here, nor will it be for some time. Indeed, I will be playing MKWii and WiiFit before I get my hands on that one, but I expect the soundtrack to be spectatcular nontheless.

FOOD said:
Tavin said:

Not that there's anything wrong with midis, but it's just that I grew tired of them. I left them back in my childhood days and grew to like better amplified music.

Quality of the recording or compression scheme utilized is of no consequence when comparing the actual songs themselves.  Case in point, Super Castelvania IV or Hanson on Blu Ray?  

Also, the amplification has nothing to do with the console but rather your audio equipment.

The rEVOLution is not being televised