By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The talents of Nintendo Software Technology are being wasted....

Wyrdness said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Ugh, really? They made Metroid Prime Hunters, a Nintendo game with onlince capabilities that most modern Nintendo games don't have. And it's fun!

Hunters is considered one of the worst Metroid games though, that said it's a decent game and would be better off being a new IP as the approach had good potential for a new FPS franchise.

That's mainly because it was on the DS. It's still better than Other M.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Wyrdness said:

Hunters is considered one of the worst Metroid games though, that said it's a decent game and would be better off being a new IP as the approach had good potential for a new FPS franchise.

Imo it's far worse then OM, OM isn't as bad as I was told it was when I played it while on the other hand Hunters is the weakest Metroid title along Metroid 2.

Jon-Erich said:
XanderXT said:

....by Nintendo.

People claim that Retro Studios is Nintendo's only western development team. That's not true, as Nintendo Software Technology is located within Nintendo Of America's headquarters. Why are their talents being wasted? Because apparently have several ex-Rockstar, EA, and Microsoft employees. Despite that, lately, the only games they develop are Mario Vs. Donkey games Crosswords games, and a single downloadable title. What the heck, Nintendo?

Look at this list of games they've developed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Software_Technology

While many of these games were good, most of them weren't anything to get too excited for. Most people who like Nintendo games might have bought some of NST's games but they certainly didn't buy Nintendo systems just to play these games. While NST may have gotten some major people in the industry including one of Sonic the Hedgehog's co-creators, they've never had a history of developing games that have been the equivilent to a new Zelda release or a new GTA release. Who knows, they may very well do that in the future.

They did wave race blue storm!?!?? thats much to be proud of imo, give them the goahead for a 3rd one, with a splash of Nintendo characters like samus and captain falcon!!!!

RolStoppable said:
umegames said:

They did wave race blue storm!?!?? thats much to be proud of imo, give them the goahead for a 3rd one, with a splash of Nintendo characters like samus and captain falcon!!!!

Blue Storm is the third Wave Race game...

? I only remember 1 on n64 and then bluestorm on Gamecube.

(googles...type type type)

ahh, had no idea Gameboy was the 1st. Well let's make a 4th

Wyrdness said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Imo it's far worse then OM, OM isn't as bad as I was told it was when I played it while on the other hand Hunters is the weakest Metroid title along Metroid 2.

Far worse? Other M was a bad platform shooter with bad story elements. Heck, it would have been much better as a third-person shooter! Prime Hunters is the only Nintnedo shooter, and 2 was bad because of it's on the Gameboy. Try playing Another Metroid 2 Remake, and I guarantee you, it'll be good.

Around the Network

I dunno. They found a way to make N64 games play on Wii with next to no issue. Which is kind of an achievement considering that even on PC emulation there are still problems. They seem like a pretty creative team.

XanderXT said:

Far worse? Other M was a bad platform shooter with bad story elements. Heck, it would have been much better as a third-person shooter! Prime Hunters is the only Nintnedo shooter, and 2 was bad because of it's on the Gameboy. Try playing Another Metroid 2 Remake, and I guarantee you, it'll be good.

As I've said I've played the games and found the usual complaints about OM exaggerated , a flawed but good game with an approach that has potential, Hunters and Metroid on the other hand were average.

bunchanumbers said:
I dunno. They found a way to make N64 games play on Wii with next to no issue. Which is kind of an achievement considering that even on PC emulation there are still problems. They seem like a pretty creative team.

They did? See, that's good too!

Wyrdness said:
XanderXT said:

As I've said I've played the games and found the usual complaints about OM exaggerated , a flawed but good game with an approach that has potential, Hunters and Metroid on the other hand were average.

How is it a good game?

Nope