By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Short Review of The Last of Us

I just take comfort in the fact that you'll never be the last of us

Around the Network

im actually starting to like you OP. keep up the great work.

binary solo said:

The first sequence in winter was very peaceful even though Ellie was hunting a deer is was for food not for the lulz. So your peacefulness score should be at least 3/10 as the early winter sequence is much longer than the giraffe scene.

I completely forgot about that part. Guess it was not memorable for me then. But, while it wasn't very violent, I wouldn't really call it peaceful, especially considering the context of what happened. (Spoilers) Joel nearly died, and there is little or no food (I assume), and Ellie is in a cold forest looking for food, while she is more or less alone. And that is excluding that she meets a cannibal pedophile (or nutcase, he may have not been a pedophile, just raping) soon after...

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Esiar said:

binary solo said:

The first sequence in winter was very peaceful even though Ellie was hunting a deer is was for food not for the lulz. So your peacefulness score should be at least 3/10 as the early winter sequence is much longer than the giraffe scene.

I completely forgot about that part. Guess it was not memorable for me then. But, while it wasn't very violent, I wouldn't really call it peaceful, especially considering the context of what happened. (Spoilers) Joel nearly died, and there is little or no food (I assume), and Ellie is in a cold forest looking for food, while she is more or less alone. And that is excluding that she meets a cannibal pedophile (or nutcase, he may have not been a pedophile, just raping) soon after...

But it also showed Ellie in a strongly positive context, capable and determined. The first spoiler was in the previous chapter so doesn't count. Also with the second spoiler, at the time you are playing the early part of winter it all seems very friendly and cordial and you appear to be helping with the first spoiler. That subsequent events taint that early encounter does not detract from how you feel (cautious, suspicious but hopeful) when you first come across it. So it still deserves peacefulness points.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Esiar said:

binary solo said:

But it also showed Ellie in a strongly positive context, capable and determined. The first spoiler was in the previous chapter so doesn't count. Also with the second spoiler, at the time you are playing the early part of winter it all seems very friendly and cordial and you appear to be helping with the first spoiler. That subsequent events taint that early encounter does not detract from how you feel (cautious, suspicious but hopeful) when you first come across it. So it still deserves peacefulness points.

I still wouldn't say it is very peaceful, especially if you're looking at it from Ellie's perspective.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network

My favourite part of this game is when Joel strangles to death a tied up enemy, then proceed to club someone handcuffed until his skull is reduced to fragments. I love when characters show their evil, sadistic side.

a review is practically just an opinion (or bunch of them), possibly with a little actual "critique" in there (legitimate criticisms, hard-to-debate observations about the game and such)

so I think it's fine if someone notches a game on things that are intended, it's just not really the game for them, which is a shame *shrug*

even "professional" reviewers aren't really objective/reasonable/have legit criticisms most of the time :

Maybe the op shouldn't play M rated games? Just a thought...

Why would you post a review for an M rated game if you're going to reduce it's score because it's violent...

How can you give this game a 6.5? Are you out of your mind? Do you even know what "good taste" is? Do you even understand the gravity of the situation?

I think you need to sit on the toilet and think about what you did here. I was honestly going to report you for this but I will give you a second chance. Try to make a more coherent review next time so I don't feel I just wasted 30 seconds of my meaningless existence.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"