By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Bloodborne be smeared like the Order: 1886? (Opinion piece)

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:
Multiplat turns out trash it's business as usual
Exclusive turns out trash it's a smear campaign

Welcome to the internet

Bloodborne looks fantastic, and the simple act of trying to compare it to The Order in any way is shamefully degrading, as aside from exclusivity to the same platform they have nothing in common.

So you are saying that by writing an article about smear campaigns, the author started a smear campaign on Bloodborne because he's likening it to the stinker that was The Order 1886. Sounds about right, these two games shouldn't be talked about as if they played in the same league.

Yes, the irony of that wasn't lost on me. Probably good that you explained it to the simple folk though, I knew there was some reason people like you.

Around the Network

Did this guy just call the Dark souls games linear????

badgenome said:
No. Dark Souls II has its detractors, but it was hardly Resident Evil 6. All the cool kidz are still bobbing on From's dick.

Exactly.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Namiirei said:
Danman27 said:
Heres the thing. From software doesn't make w sy games. People who liked the souls series will like this. The big problem is that now Sony has to rely on this as their big exclusive of early 2015, even though this is more of a niche game.

It's not really a niche game anymore now.

It was in the beginning with demon's souls, when no one knowed the game...but now ? No way.

Anyway, Bloodbonr will be a great Game, without any doubt. The only guys who will be mad about this game are ppl who don't own a ps4

It will probably be the first great "next-gen" game.

Bloodborne doesn't have the mass appeal that most games have because it's a lot more challenging than most people like. It has a strong user base now, and it will probably sell systems, but I'd bet that uncharted 4 will dwarf its sales. I guess it's out of niche category by now, but it's a smaller AAA game nonetheless. 

For the past year, I've heard a lot of compliments about 1886's graphics and zero compliments about its gameplay. It was pretty obvious that it was going to suck.

Bloodborne will get much better reviews. I'm predicting an 87-91 metascore. Unfortunately, it probably won't sell as well.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
generic-user-1 said:
what?smear campaign? da fack?

are you really gonna play dumb here?  Unless you joined in the last couple days you've seen 1000:1 ratio as far as negative to positive articles about it.

happens if you hype up a meh game... people dont like if they are told something is the best thing ever if the thing is just meh....

and im very negative today because my hero died today...

Clickbait article. Nope. It wont be happening.

LudicrousSpeed said:
lol @ smeared. The Order is a bad game. That's why it got most of the scores it got. "Smear" implies another motive.

No, The Order is a masterpiece. The critics are just too dumb to realize it. They can't appreiciate a cinematic masterpiece. Their only concern is having fun. Games aren't about fun.

By the way, did anybody get upset at the critics for giving Ryse modest score? That game had a good story, great visuals, and the gameplay was pretty decent. However, a 6 seemed appropriate for linear experience with little value. I want to play it again down the road yet I still think it deserves a 6.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The Order is a decent game. A very very very pretty looking decent game. But its also a very flawed $60 game and RAD has no one but themselves to blame for it. I think people should stop making excuses for them. They fucked up.

I only game on my PS4 currently, and while I am a Sony fan, I am not a blind one. I will not be buying the order till I can pick it up for $40 or less.

There is so much they could have done to ensure the game was an all round better game and it makes one wonder if they have been in a bubble for the past 5 years when you think about how much they dropped the ball. I like to think they got lost in the process of making a game and actually forget to make the game great. Or to give it real proper replay value at the very least. I can only hope they learn from their mistake.

What I find really troubling about the order, is that around this time last year everyone and their cat was complaining about certian things of the game. yet they somehow still managed to make a game with all the flaws people complained about intact. How does that even happen?

Smear campaign? I've played an hour of the order so far and I can see why some people might not like it. For me the things people are hating are not a huge deal for me, but I can see it from their perspective.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix