By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 has the most million sellers from last gen!

Congrats PS3, you make the playstation name proud. .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
Kerotan said:

It was far from a given because the 360 had a big head start which resulted in it getting more games and helped it build a big lead early on. The fact it took ps3 until 2015 to pass it out shows it was anything but given. 

Yes, but it's at the end of the gen now.  PS3 has been getting game after game in Japan(and has been the only relatively healthy console in Japan for a good while now), and big games have been selling more or less in line with 360 in the West.  If it didn't have the most million sellers I'd be very surprised.

Japan is irrelevant as it only has like 2 ps3 million sellers.  360 is still outselling ps3 in the UK and USA aswell. 

I wonder if ioi will ever update the European numbers for older 360 (and Wii) games....
probably not

There's actually quite of few early 360 games that are missing data but whatever. Gratz PS3, was bound to happen.

Kerotan said:
TheSpindler said:

Yes, but it's at the end of the gen now.  PS3 has been getting game after game in Japan(and has been the only relatively healthy console in Japan for a good while now), and big games have been selling more or less in line with 360 in the West.  If it didn't have the most million sellers I'd be very surprised.

Japan is irrelevant as it only has like 2 ps3 million sellers.  360 is still outselling ps3 in the UK and USA aswell. 

Well that's a silly thing to say, especially given the fact the majority of the games below the 2 mil mark without japan simply would not have made a million sales, which is what, like half the games.

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
Kerotan said:

Well that's a silly thing to say, especially given the fact the majority of the games below the 2 mil mark without japan simply would not have made a million sales, which is what, like half the games.

It maybe a little silly but not nearly as silly as what you just said. Look at all the games under 2 million and you will see that most of them got over a million without Japan.  

Kerotan said:
TheSpindler said:

It maybe a little silly but not nearly as silly as what you just said. Look at all the games under 2 million and you will see that most of them got over a million without Japan.  

I never said all of them.  And I just double checked to be sure.  Not under 2 million, but more like under 1.2.  Doesn't seem significant, but just enough to push it above 360.

Which is what I was getting at.  It's silly to disregard something, which is what likely caused it to edge out in the competition in the first place, not that the region itself resulted in million sellers.

But if you think Japan is really irrelevant, remove Japan from the sales of both 360 and ps3 and tell me what you get.

TheSpindler said:
Kerotan said:

I never said all of them.  And I just double checked to be sure.  Not under 2 million, but more like under 1.2.  Doesn't seem significant, but just enough to push it above 360.

Which is what I was getting at.  It's silly to disregard something, which is what likely caused it to edge out in the competition in the first place, not that the region itself resulted in million sellers.

But if you think Japan is really irrelevant, remove Japan from the sales of both 360 and ps3 and tell me what you get.

I think Japan is very relevant and was the difference in the end. I just thought you went overboard with wording in your first post.