By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony could be up there with Google and Apple if they would just follow through...

Sony could, if they wanted to, rebrand their TVs and call them PSTV. Then offer PSNow and Vue as standard with those TVs.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

They would have been in Apple's current position had they not lost the music and music playing market to a newcomer like them. The itunes and ipod was Sony's turf and it really should've been their baby. Walkman>Discman>??? The phone business missed the early Android boat when it was Sony Ericsson still. When they started turning things around, cheap Chinese smartphones showed up...

PieToast said:

PS home is such a missed opportunity. It could have been a great social MMO-ish platform that makes a great social impact and puts Sony up there with Google and Apple if they didn't make a half-assed attempt with getting it to the market.

Well if you want to know the truth, the indies that made Home what it was have decided to make their own versions of Home.

for one Neotopia is going on the PS4, and also right now Avakin Life is already on Android and iOS with goal to move also to PS4, than one more made from another of Playstation Home's developers

Playstation Home thing to remember is the majority of content for it was built by indie party developers ivesting development time and resource into a console network platform, that they themselves now want the lions share of Money.

wwho could blame them when they were the one's making most of the content. 

So its a dble edged sword, they may have let more companies control the direction of such product concept, but they do not have to worry about the expense of maintaining such a platform when other companies will still bring it over and the revenue collection for part of its profitm can still come Sony's way

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

kowenicki said:

I think they have done the vast majority of that, just phones left to deal with.  The margins (or margin goals) seem fine to me now so long as the yen continues  to play ball.    Abenomics is beginning to show its limits though (bit of a worry).

Well tbt they make excellent phones. I see an xperia on the top list almost every month. Only problem is they're exclusive to at&t here in the states, which is the #2 carrier. I would get one, but, not about to pay 700 for an unlocked phone to use on my network

blah blah blah offensive stuff about Sony, blah blah blah offensive stuff about anyone who likes anime, blah blah blah thinking that swearing every other word makes him sound cool....blah blah blah

edited by Torillian

<3