By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony May Post Biggest Loss in 4 Years on PlayStation 3 Consoles

FishyJoe said:

Ohhhh, the last year...

That looks to me like in the last 6 months, since launch basically, Sony has gone up as much as Nintendo has.

Around the Network

"do you even believe this bloomberg???" Being that lying to them is a Felony, yes!!! These are financial statements were talking about.

The 6 month chart is a bit closer, but still Nintendo is still the clear leader. 

So, I'm curious. What role does stock play in this? Is that how they determine loss, by how much their stock goes down? I don't really know much about the economics behind this.

DKII said:
FishyJoe said:

Ohhhh, the last year...

That looks to me like in the last 6 months, since launch basically, Sony has gone up as much as Nintendo has.

Look at the scale of the graph -- it increases exponentially.  The difference between 50% and 100% growth is represented as 1/2 of the height as the difference between 0% and 50%.

Around the Network

I think long term stock charts are often shown on a logarithmic scale.

weezy said:
damn if you thought microsoft's 1 billion a year loss since x-box has debut was bad...

Sony is losing 1 billion YEN. MS lost 1 billion USD! HUGE difference.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Where did you read that Sony's loss was only going to be 1 billion yen?

outlawauron said:
weezy said:
damn if you thought microsoft's 1 billion a year loss since x-box has debut was bad...

PlayStation 3 is being outsold by Wii by about two to one, causing Sony's game division, its second-largest by revenue, to post a fourth-quarter loss of 121 billion yen and a record 245 billion yen deficit for the fiscal year

I think they lost 245 billion yen, not 1 billion.

deadhorse said:
outlawauron said:
weezy said:

PlayStation 3 is being outsold by Wii by about two to one, causing Sony's game division, its second-largest by revenue, to post a fourth-quarter loss of 121 billion yen and a record 245 billion yen deficit for the fiscal year

I think they lost 245 billion yen, not 1 billion.

Looks like you are right, ya know that is a lot of money no matter how you slice it.................